Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jun 28, 2007, 10:42 AM   #1

Sunrise. Minor image crop but otherwise right out of the camera Canon S60). I get so few of these types of shots that I feel are worth sharing but this is definitely one.
Attached Images

TBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 28, 2007, 11:02 AM   #2

Fantastic image, it is well worth sharing, canon seems to put excellent images right out of the camera, love the way that sunset looks really good job
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2007, 12:23 PM   #3

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

TBAY

Oh, yes. Very elegant wooden structure and composition as a whole

Torgny

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2007, 4:42 PM   #4

Hercules,

Thank you. As for the Canon S60, it does seem to be able to produce fairly good long exposure shots for a relatively compact camera. It's my first digital and I really like it even though the lens is somewhat limited. I have some other sunset shots (rather than sunrise) from the camera as well that I use as my wallpaper on my computer. The same colors seem to be present there too but those had a little Photoshop post production. These colrs are just as God intended.
Old Jun 28, 2007, 4:48 PM   #5

very nice shot and the colours on the beech are deep and rich reds, good photo
bill43210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2007, 5:44 PM   #6

Very dramatic view, indeed

I also have an S70 which I've been using happily for 3 years. Just set it to central weighted avarage as you did andstart gettinggreat results as you'vehad!

Btw, you must have leaned the camera somewhere to be able to shoot @ 1/3'' I believe..
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2007, 6:16 PM   #7

bahadir,

I have a portable three legged 15 inch tripod that is quite portable. It is about 6 inches long unextended. I set the camera on Tv and varied the shutter while snapping away. I took about 60 pictures of differing composition and shutter speeds. This one I think came out best. The tripod was set on a piling just at the ocean line.

The key is to set the shutter on a 2 second delay so that any vibration from presssing the shutter is gone when the shutter is actually open. You can do ten seconds as well on the S70 but I found 2 was long enough to get rid of any vibration and 10 seconds just slows me down too much, especially when the lighting changes so quickly as it does during a sunrise. You are correct about the center weighting, how are you able to tell the settings of the camera? I know the original has some embedded information but I am not sure how to view it.
Old Jun 28, 2007, 6:48 PM   #8

Quote:
Ihave a portable three legged 15 inch tripod that is quite portable. It is about 6 inches long unextended

Quote:
The key is to set the shutter on a 2 second delay so that any vibration from presssing the shutter is gone
The very setting I use to avoid the shake due to pressing the shutter release...

Quote:
You can do ten seconds as well on the S70 but I found 2 was long enough to get rid of any vibration and 10 seconds just slows me down too much
Yep! Absolutely unnecessary except when you want to pose in the pic. to be taken!

Quote:
how are you able to tell the settings of the camera? I know the original has some embedded information but I am not sure how to view it.
Download OPANDA IEXIF 2 You'll love it !

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2007, 7:06 PM   #9

Simply stunning...thanks for sharing.

Mandy
jeephotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2007, 10:40 AM   #10

Not really landscape I suppose but here is another shot from the same sunrise. I think the compression lost some of the detail.
Attached Images