Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jul 1, 2007, 11:27 PM   #1

2 photos of (nearly) the same location, taken about 30 ft apart, and each processed in somewhat different fashion. Any thoughts on which you prefer?

flippedgazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 2, 2007, 1:35 AM   #2

Nice photos flipped, boy that would be a toss up i really like both, it seems like in the 1st one you actually walked in the water to take the shot am i right, good job on both
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2007, 1:56 AM   #3

#1 is the kind of image which will please almost any taste at the first sight thanks to its perfect exposure , great reflectionof the skyrichly decorated with my friends the clouds : ) , and a surrounding forest of emerald green! Generally speaking,it is the clouds which require special attention for most of the time they require less sharpening than other components of the image, even might require a little softening if default in camera sharpening is a bit much...

As for #2, it enjoysthe very components in #1 plus a considerable amount of foreground, which is,of course,worthy of appreciation My only concern is,ittends start hindering the magnificent subject matter, especially those of the reflections and the sky...A third version with justsome piece of foregroundaboutthe bottom of the imageand maybe a little on the right top corner would be my'dreamimage': )

Again, both are very appealing images, #1 being my favourite
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2007, 2:25 AM   #4

I go along with bahadir, #1 the blues are tasteful and reflection areas super, a very nice shot. #2 has a bit to much tree which is covering up the main scene.
bill43210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2007, 4:40 AM   #5

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

flippedgazelle

Beautiful pictures, very clear, very definite. The detail in the foliage in the first picture is really something. From RAW I suppose. Great.

Regarding the second picture you could sway around and make the foliage the main object

Torgny
Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2007, 10:30 AM   #6

I prefer looking through the foliage in the foreground at the lake and feel it gives deeper meaning, even a little intrigue, to the picture than simply the lake; it's inviting to go ahead through the trees and see edge to edge. But, how much was I influenced by getting to see the whole beautiful scene first? It's worthy of a Gallup Poll and each would still have his own opinion at the end.
JDar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2007, 10:59 AM   #7

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

flippedgazelle,

Changed my mind after reading JDar┬┤s reply. Beautiful picture. I like "vertical panoramas" so I made at try, just another version I got inspired to after looking twice at the original

/T

Attached Images

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2007, 11:17 PM   #8

JDar, you often do so well estimating the mind and intent of the photographer, and you have indeed successfully uttered my thought regarding photo #2.

Torgny, I like your vertical treatment very much! Thank you for your effort and perspective.

Such a lovely view, and in some ways typical New Jersey, for I was standing just a few steps beyond a broken, out-of-use parking lot with overgrown blacktop. Behind that is a successful furniture store. Unseen, just to the right of these frames is the Black River Barn, a wonderful "Jersey" grill and restaurant. So easy to grow fat there...
flippedgazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2007, 12:36 AM   #9

I love the symmetry of the reflectionin the first shot. Very nice!
toshi43 is offline   Reply With Quote