Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jul 8, 2007, 11:08 PM   #1
v12

this is my 2nd attempt at a sunset pic and I still have a lot to learn. I was at my parents home visiting when I saw a chance to get some shots in. Unfortunately there is lots of ground distractions and this was the closest I could get as far as isolating the colors of the sky. Not exactly a well placed composition but I really enjoy the colors.

Once I find a better place to shoot unobstructed ill post more!

any feedback as far as setting would be appreciated.

Think this was shot with my Tokina 12-24 f4 lens at f22 in Aperature priority on my Nikon D50. A tripod with the IR remote was used to trigger the shots. Please suggest alternative settings if these are wrong, id love to get better shots!

Only changes to the pic I made was to remove 2 small specs in the sky that were airplanes landing at the local airport in the distance and then shrunk a bit in PS for use on the forums. I tried cropping but I found I lost alot of the sky and the colors so I let it be for now

Attached Images

v12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 9, 2007, 12:55 AM   #2

Beautiful colours and eye pleasing silhouttes alltogether providing adelicate sense of tranquility...Btw,Tokina 12-24 is one of my favourittes (price/quality ratio) for landscape and arcitectural photos Still, I don't believe you should use an aperture as small as f/22 missing the sweet spot of the lens concerning the image quality by far! I think you're right about being conservative for cropping the sky concerning the beautiful colour and pattern in the sky. Still, you coud make the treeon the lefthandside the natural border of the frame ( but preserving 2/3 of the tree!) allowing even a bit more concentration...

Thanx for sharing, mate and keeptaking care ofyour superpose
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2007, 1:20 AM   #3

Nice shot and nice colors,, i agree with bahadir on not using f/22, try a larger arpeture (smaller number)
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2007, 2:28 PM   #4
v12

thanks for the suggestions gents, ill try various other apertures hopefully tonight and bahadir, thanks for the cropping suggestion

v12 is offline   Reply With Quote