Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 9, 2007, 9:48 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 235
Default

Gallatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 10, 2007, 1:07 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
hercules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sparta, Greece
Posts: 2,649
Default

Nice shot
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2007, 12:04 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 235
Default

Thx! Unfortunately it's a bit noisy since I shot it hand held at ISO 1600. I should probably run a noise filter on it.
Gallatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2007, 12:25 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
hercules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sparta, Greece
Posts: 2,649
Default

Gallatin wrote:
Quote:
Thx! Unfortunately it's a bit noisy since I shot it hand held at ISO 1600. I should probably run a noise filter on it.
Funny i was gonna say something about the noise but decided not to:Gbut why would you use ISO 1600 in daylite
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2007, 12:28 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Torgny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni
Posts: 10,042
Default


Gallatin,

Very nice, stones look "alive". Pleasing natural flow of water

Torgny


Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2007, 6:44 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 235
Default

hercules wrote:
Quote:
Gallatin wrote:
Quote:
Thx! Unfortunately it's a bit noisy since I shot it hand held at ISO 1600. I should probably run a noise filter on it.
Funny i was gonna say something about the noise but decided not to:Gbut why would you use ISO 1600 in daylite

Just checked the EXIF and the image was taken at 7 PM in the evening I should have had the tripod but then again I didn't want to get that fake water look when you keep the shutter open just a bit (you know the one). I'm not a big fan of those.

Gallatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2007, 7:05 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Torgny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni
Posts: 10,042
Default


Gallatin wrote:
Quote:
hercules wrote:
Quote:
Gallatin wrote:
Quote:
Thx! Unfortunately it's a bit noisy since I shot it hand held at ISO 1600. I should probably run a noise filter on it.
Funny i was gonna say something about the noise but decided not to:Gbut why would you use ISO 1600 in daylite

Just checked the EXIF and the image was taken at 7 PM in the evening I should have had the tripod but then again I didn't want to get that fake water look when you keep the shutter open just a bit (you know the one). I'm not a big fan of those.
Agree on that. It can be charming with silky/milky water but the human eye never sees it that way.

/T


Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2007, 1:34 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
bahadir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Izmir, Turkey
Posts: 6,263
Default

Enjoying your 100% landscape : )photos, I quite apreciate your effort toreflect your impression as faithfully and as dimensional as possible

The same is trueforyour mountain stream shot!Still, I should confess you that I triedsetting thegray pointabout the top of the large rockto the right corner of the frame and then a slight noise reduction at Neat Image, to whichyour picture responded quite well : )
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:52 PM.