Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jul 22, 2007, 1:56 AM   #1

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

The flowers against the green made me stop

Epilobium angustifolium L.

Rosebay Willowherb

Rallarros, mjölkört, mjölke

Correction. Colour: Fuji Chroma

/T

Attached Images

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 22, 2007, 11:43 AM   #2

There could be at least seven subjects in the planes of that scene and the inspiration for at least seven stanzas of poetry. This captured one photographer for sure, but surely no landscape photographer could pass it.
JDar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2007, 12:52 PM   #3

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

JDar wrote:
Quote:
There could be at least seven subjects in the planes of that scene and the inspiration for at least seven stanzas of poetry. This captured one photographer for sure, but surely no landscape photographer could pass it.
You´re right. I met a man from Holland. He was sitting near the road, in a state of severe chock (:-))

We didn´t have to exchange a word. We were both "struck by beauty". It was hard for me to walk steadily back to my vehicle. Felt kind of groggy

There is an art school in the vincinity. Gerlesborg. I suppose the students would try to catch the scene in oil or acrylic or perhaps preferably aquarelle.

Now it is summer vacation, but there are summer courses as well...

The school is threatened by exploitation. There are plans to build a marina for very welthy citizens and their vessels

Money before art. That we cannot accept

Thanks for your comment, JDar. Very much appreciated

Torgny

Old Jul 22, 2007, 3:17 PM   #4

Nice shot Torgny, very colorful
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2007, 4:51 PM   #5

hercules wrote:
Quote:
Nice shot Torgny, very colorful
Thank you for viewing and commenting

/T
Old Jul 23, 2007, 1:16 AM   #6

It would be a real shame to lose a landscape like this to development, but unfortunately, money always talks loudest. To paraphrase Joni Mitchell, let's hope they don't 'Pave paradise and put up a parking lot'. Nice work.
toshi43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2007, 1:48 AM   #7

toshi43 wrote:
Quote:
It would be a real shame to lose a landscape like this to development, but unfortunately, money always talks loudest. To paraphrase Joni Mitchell, let's hope they don't 'Pave paradise and put up a parking lot'. Nice work.
Joni Mitchell, great.

J J Cale made a song "Money talks". Well I hope they, or perhaps we (the good guys up there) can gently shut the mouth of Mammon

There have been successful actions of civil disobedience before in that part of the country

Four summers I read the great north american writer Henry David Thoreau in his masterpiece "Walden" - What is really "development"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_David_Thoreau

Thanks for viewing

Torgny

Old Jul 23, 2007, 1:55 AM   #8

Eye pleasing and rich combination of foreground +midground+ background!

Well done, Torgny
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2007, 2:17 AM   #9

Torgny wrote:
Quote:
Joni Mitchell, great.

J J Cale made a song "Money talks". Well I hope they, or perhaps we (the good guys up there) can gently shut the mouth of Mammon

There have been successful actions of civil disobedience before in that part of the country

Four summers I read the great north american writer Henry David Thoreau in his masterpiece "Walden" - What is really "development"?

Thanks for viewing

Torgny
Quote:
A song released in 1966 by Verdelle Smith called 'Tar and Cement' pre-dated Joni Mitchell's call to environmental action 'Big Yellow Taxi' by at least 4 years. One of the verses goes something like this :"I looked for the meadows, there wasn't a trace, Six lanes of highway had taken their place, Where were the liacs and all that they meant? Nothing but acres of tar and cement." Forty years later, and it seems we still haven't learned.
toshi43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2007, 2:55 AM   #10

toshi43 wrote:
Quote:
Torgny wrote:
Quote:
Joni Mitchell, great.

Thanks for viewing

Torgny
Quote:
A song released in 1966 by Verdelle Smith called 'Tar and Cement' pre-dated Joni Mitchell's call to environmental action 'Big Yellow Taxi' by at least 4 years. One of the verses goes something like this :"I looked for the meadows, there wasn't a trace, Six lanes of highway had taken their place, Where were the liacs and all that they meant? Nothing but acres of tar and cement." Forty years later, and it seems we still haven't learned.
Well, we already know (You and I and all the others. We are millions and cannot be ignored)

Joan Baez recorded a song "I dreamed I saw Joe Hill last night"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Hill

Joe Hill wrote a song "Rebel Girl". If Joe Hill would have been alive today I think he would have written a song about Rachel Corrie and the Caterpillar Corp.

http://www.rachelswords.org

/T