Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jul 29, 2007, 5:25 PM   #1

I was trying out a new (1 year old)camera my friend wants to sell my his1D MKll N and I took it for a test today and what a camera. I don't want to take it back :-)Here is one pic from it with 24-105 IS not the first time I take picture from that spot.:roll:

Gisli is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 30, 2007, 7:51 AM   #2

It is the touch of a connoisseursuch as yourself, which wouldultimately add value toany camera: ) Ah, the colours from the boats stand out !!

PS. Perhaps you could also do the favour of posting a %100 crop of the stone wall in shadow area...
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2007, 10:03 AM   #3

Nice shot with a very good camera, those colors on the boat stick out like a sore thumb
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2007, 2:14 PM   #4

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Gisli,

About the light and tele effect. Several times I´ve been to Ísland and also followed the Atlantic coast of Norway up to the most northern spot of the continent, the North Cape

Every time I get astonished that boats look like toys. I often wondered (and still wonder) why.

I think it must have something to do with the very, very clean air
. Perhaps the pollution in the air in areas with less clean air make objects and sceneries look more distant than they really are and that your judgement of distance gets confused.

The 24-105 has a comparatively small "tele-effect" (pressing things together) when viewing the outcome, but of course it is there

Your harbour picture seem to be neutral. Could it be beacause the very clean air and the tele-effect outweigh each other?

There is another matter that I still don´t understand. You can see exactly the same greenish shade up north as in the Mediterranean Sea. ?

Of course the picture is great but I suppose you already knew that. Thanks for showing it

Torgny

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2007, 3:03 PM   #5

Hello Gisli, these are photos which we all come to expect from you,exceptional.
alex james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2007, 5:31 PM   #6

Thanks guys for all the comments Torgny I think it must be the clean air the boats are not that small they are used over the winter also, bahadir here is a crop did you mean something like this.

Best regards

Gisli
Old Jul 30, 2007, 5:43 PM   #7

Very well! Now I cansee howwonderfully the white dots far beyond the boats turn out to be toyhouses with real doors, windows and roofs : )
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2007, 8:17 PM   #8

:-)Yes this is an oldsmall village called Kleifar one of my favorite place for taking pictures lots of old houses and other old things. No one wirily lives there anymore just used for holidays the last old man who lived there died earlier this year.

Best regards

Gisli
Old Jul 30, 2007, 9:06 PM   #9

Gisli,

Your pictures are always so pleasing to look at. The more I see the more I want to visit Iceland. I have only been to Norway, Sweden and Finland. Beautiful countries but something about yours is very appealing.

Thanks for sharing,

Debbie
gilbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2007, 8:20 AM   #10

Thanks Debbie

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Best regards

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Gisli