Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Aug 9, 2007, 10:46 AM   #11

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
Great composition evoking a strong sense of movement in the observer

Matt, I don't think youneed a camera with lots of professional features,cause you already gainedmore of thosefeatures yourself : )
Hey Bahadir, thanks for the comments. Regarding the camera, i intend to get myself a D200 primarily because of the ability to bracket upwards of 9 shots, amazing possibilities with such a feature!

Don: thanks for the comments mate, glad you like the shot!
longside1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2007, 5:22 PM   #12

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

longside1

The heavy sky is landing. The masses gather

Torgny

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2007, 3:57 AM   #13

A great shot, and I agree that a great photographer is more important than a great camera.

You've done very well indeed with what you have.

I wonder if you might link us to a larger version of the picture. I suspect it is much more dramatic in a larger format.

The Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2007, 5:48 AM   #14

The Barbarian wrote:
Quote:
A great shot, and I agree that a great photographer is more important than a great camera.

You've done very well indeed with what you have.

I wonder if you might link us to a larger version of the picture. I suspect it is much more dramatic in a larger format.

Many thanks for the comments Barbarian, on the camera front i originally bought myself an a D50 as an entry level camera. I've had that now for anout 2.5 years and i feel that its lack of customisable settings a real pain amongst other things. As my photography has now moved on quite a bit from my earlier efforts:

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...492845#p492845

I feel that i need a better camera to help take my particular photography tastes to the next level. But i agree with you Barbarian, i have been blown away by some of the amazing photos taken by people just using a simple point and shoot!

Anyways as requested, here is a larger version of the above image. After closer inspection of the sky there does seem to be quite a bit of noise, i think from conversion to jpeg, just goes to show that you never stop learning and that there is always room for improvement!

Thanks, Matt
longside1 is offline   Reply With Quote