Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Aug 29, 2007, 3:51 PM   #1

When my wife and I moved to what will be our last home, it had only a tiny back yard. That suited us fine because an eighteen hole golf course is directly behind us. I had not had roses for about forty years, but have always loved them, so we made a small rose bed in which to grow a few. We have 15 different roses, selected for beauty, frangrance, and vigor. The picture I am attaching is one of my favorites, and I can recommend it to anyone wanting one or more rose plants.

My camera is a Pentax K10D. The lens used was their 18-55 AF kit lens. The shot was made hand-held, with the Anti-Shake turned on. The result is not as crisp as if I had used a tripod, but I like the slightly soft edges for this particular subject. The subject is so soft and beautiful I thought sharpness would reduce its aesthetic affect.

I shot this early in the morning in shade without flash. The stats are: Mode AV; single point focus; 35MM focal length; ISO=100; Exposure = 1/10th second; Aperture F9 to get some depth; AF.S set on twist switch; No alterations except cropping. Jpeg photo.

I hope the viewers enjoy this beautiful flower, and only wish you could enjoy its fragrance too.

Old Engineer
Attached Images

Old Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links