Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 27, 2007, 6:04 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
musket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,782
Default

Really good series, late winter scenes.....................musket
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2007, 8:10 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
willow1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,131
Default

Nice photos indeed !!! kinda spooky :evil:
willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2007, 8:29 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Torgny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni
Posts: 10,042
Default


musket wrote:
Quote:
Really good series, late winter scenes.....................musket
Thank you, musket, for viewing and commenting

Torgny


Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2007, 8:43 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Torgny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni
Posts: 10,042
Default


willow1 wrote:
Quote:
Nice photos indeed !!! kinda spooky :evil:
Thank you, willow1, for viewing. Do you know of the classic computer games, the Myst series. (Also on some consoles).

When I looked back at these pictures put together as a mini series, I remembered the old games.

The pictures have some estethical elements in common with the games.

Spooky - never thought about it that way - but now that you mentioned it ... aranoid:

Torgny




Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2007, 4:14 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
hercules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sparta, Greece
Posts: 2,649
Default

Great pictures Torgny, i agree with Willow1, they are spooky though, great series
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2007, 5:32 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Torgny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni
Posts: 10,042
Default


hercules wrote:
Quote:
Great pictures Torgny, i agree with Willow1, they are spooky though, great series
Thanks, hercules. I was there this afternoon to make some close ups and get to know the EF 17-40. This is, I think, some kind of suspender

Torgny


Attached Images
 
Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2007, 6:01 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
pj1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Posts: 2,914
Default

Hi Torgny,

I love your series, this is great work... yes the fog leaves a sort of haunting feeling... and you've captured it well!

My favourite of the fog / Gothenburg harbour is number 6. I worked on a cargo boat as a sailor for a while in Europe, got up to Norway and down to Italy (via Gibraltar), from England to north Africa and the Netherlands. All very interesting and different. Unfortunately I haven't been to Sweden ....yet!

I also love photo 4, with the water / rain drops wedged between the stems and buds, it's great and I love the shallow dof (depth of field) employed here.

Well done.

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2007, 1:48 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
hercules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sparta, Greece
Posts: 2,649
Default

Torgny wrote:
Quote:

hercules wrote:
Quote:
Great pictures Torgny, i agree with Willow1, they are spooky though, great series
Thanks, hercules. I was there this afternoon to make some close ups and get to know the EF 17-40. This is, I think, some kind of suspender

Torgny

And it looks old Torgny cool, btw how do you like the 17-40 on what camera body is it used
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2007, 3:06 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
Torgny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni
Posts: 10,042
Default


pj1974 wrote:
Quote:
Hi Torgny,

I love your series, this is great work... yes the fog leaves a sort of haunting feeling... and you've captured it well!

My favourite of the fog / Gothenburg harbour is number 6. I worked on a cargo boat as a sailor for a while in Europe, got up to Norway and down to Italy (via Gibraltar), from England to north Africa and the Netherlands. All very interesting and different. Unfortunately I haven't been to Sweden ....yet!

I also love photo 4, with the water / rain drops wedged between the stems and buds, it's great and I love the shallow dof (depth of field) employed here.

Well done.

Paul
Paul,

Thank you. Glad you like the pictures. Who didn´t as a boy (or a girl perhaps) want to "sail the seven seas"

"Ssail the sseven sseas". Ssounds like the wind is blowing

The Atlantic coast of Norway is very dramatic and exotic

You are welcome to Gothenburg, Paul. We do no longer build ships here but it´s still one of Europe´s biggest harbors

Take care, sailor

Torgny


Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2007, 3:19 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
Torgny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni
Posts: 10,042
Default


hercules wrote:
Quote:
Torgny wrote:
Quote:

hercules wrote:
Quote:
Great pictures Torgny, i agree with Willow1, they are spooky though, great series
Thanks, hercules. I was there this afternoon to make some close ups and get to know the EF 17-40. This is, I think, some kind of suspender

Torgny

And it looks old Torgny cool, btw how do you like the 17-40 on what camera body is it used
Thank you, hercules. The EF 17-40 is very, very, very sharp, one of the sharpest L lenses I think. It would be a great landscape lense for the 400D/XTi.
The size is moderate and it´s not too heavy so it would fit well

I´ll send a PM to you to discuss Canon bodies. These pictures where taken with a 30D body

Torgny


Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 1:34 PM.