Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Sep 29, 2007, 11:42 PM   #11

TCav wrote:
Quote:
Both are quite beautiful.

The second is amazing! The sea is an incredible place. The most beautiful things happen where there's hardly anybody to see them. Image what glorious sights occur when no one's around.
Hi TCAV,

thanks also for your most complimentary comments and feedback.

Actually the 2nd photo is my current computer desktop background, I like it too much (and it's not too "busy" a photo to distract from the desktop icons either!)

Indeed... there must be many times when glorious scenes are never viewed..

Thanks for looking!

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2007, 11:43 PM   #12

Torgny wrote:
Quote:

Fortunately there are cameras and photographers of all kinds ready to record a fraction of it

"I saw wonderful things"

Torgny

Thanks Torgny for also stopping by to view this post!

I'm glad that through this website and through other means, we have the possibility of viewing amazing parts of nature and this world! Thanks for you for sharing part of that too.

Paul
Old Sep 30, 2007, 4:21 AM   #13

pj1974 wrote:
Quote:
hercules wrote:
Quote:
Congrats pj on your 1000 post and many more to come from down under, they are both great shots stupid me today i went in the city to see the Spartathlon where people from all countries would run from Athens Acropolis to Sparta non stop 250klm which happens every year, and i forget to take my camera
Hi Hercules,

Thanks for your kind congrats! And thanks for commenting on them, glad you like them.

Sorry to hear that yor forgot to take your camera to the Spartathlon. Actually exactly 1 year ago I was in your country, Greece, not too far from Sparta actually... on honeymoon (wow time flies!) We didn't know about the Spartathlon (then) though... but we drove past Sparta it 6 times! Well, we miss out on seeing some photos from you of hot runners taking part of the 250km run!!!

By the way... Is it still warm in Greece? Or has some autumn rain and coolness relieved things (yet?) I know it was a hot summer with bush fires there, quite similar to some problems we have regularly here in Australia!!

Paul
The weather is still good here no rain actually just right now 25c, the Spartathlon happens every year, it started in 1983 but actually The Spartathlon aims to trace footsteps of Pheidippidesan Athenian messenger sent to Sparta in 490 BC to seek help against the Persians in the battle of Marathon, he ran 250klm in 1 day, last year and this year Scott Jurek from USA won it his time was 23 hours and 12 minutes, but know one was able to beat Yiannis Kouros from Greece his time 20 hours and 29 minutes, one thing for sure next year i will have my camera with me
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2007, 9:56 AM   #14

#1 and 2 are terrific. Congratulations for crossing the bar over the 1000ths.
wk7leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2007, 10:47 AM   #15

And congradulations on attaining the 1K mark on this day. (That's 2[suP]10[/suP], or 1024, btw.)

(Yeah. I know. I'm a geek.)
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2007, 4:48 PM   #16

Terrific shots....................musket
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2007, 4:04 AM   #17

A 1000 posts! Way to go Paul

Great shots as ever too, John.
John Maddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2007, 8:20 AM   #18

Thanks ALL for your kind posts, congratulations and feedback!!

hercules, wow, thanks for the info about the race. I would love to see it live too, but in the meantime, I look forward to seeing some photos you'll take with it and share in about 1 year's time!! The time 20 hours and 29 minutes by Yiannis Kouros is amazing!! Superman stuff.

wk7leung, I appreciate your congratulations for the 1000 post milestone!! (I see you beat me to it by several hundred!)

TCav, indeed you are totally 100% mathematically correct, that I had reached the "magic" number of 1024 (2 to the power of 10!) also. Thanks :G Geeks are great!

Thanks Musket for your and kind feedback. Glad you like 'em!

And hello John!! It's great to get your much appreciated feedback. Good to see and meet you again online here after a long pause / break from me!! Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Thanks again all..

Paul

Old Oct 1, 2007, 3:15 PM   #19

Great photos. Thanks for posting. Photo 2 is very dramatic but I like lighthouses so phot 1 is special.
ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2007, 4:51 PM   #20

Congratulations for the 1000th, two fantastic photos
zangarreon is offline   Reply With Quote