Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Oct 10, 2007, 5:06 PM   #1

I rememberwalking this route many times wishing a camera which require no bothering with a tripod or a leaning opportunity at all

The hand held pics. below rangefrom 640-1000 ISOatexposure timesfrom 1/2 '' to 1/5'':!:

#1)
Attached Images

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 10, 2007, 5:06 PM   #2

#2)
Attached Images

Old Oct 10, 2007, 5:07 PM   #3

#3)
Attached Images

Old Oct 10, 2007, 5:08 PM   #4

#4)
Attached Images

Old Oct 10, 2007, 5:09 PM   #5

#5)
Attached Images

Old Oct 10, 2007, 5:20 PM   #6

Oh! and this last one is definitely from an earlier time : )
Attached Images

Old Oct 10, 2007, 7:22 PM   #7

Welcome to the world of Pentax, my friend. These are wonderful shots, and make me want to upgrade even more than before.

The one drawback is the battery; it's expensive and being a lithium battery, has to be drawn down fully before recharging to avoid "memory" problems. Did you buy an extra battery?

I'm happy with the *istD, precisely because I can use a 15 minute charger, or even buy AA batteries at a convenience store. How does the battery work for you?

The Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2007, 8:31 PM   #8

Your home sure looks different thru the lens of that dslr!!! Congrats on the new camera, I can't wait to see more!!!

Bob
bhammitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2007, 11:16 AM   #9

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
I rememberwalking this route many times wishing a camera which require no bothering with a tripod or a leaning opportunity at all

The hand held pics. below rangefrom 640-1000 ISOatexposure timesfrom 1/2 '' to 1/5'':!:
I completely understand your frustration at not being able to shoot this before. I'd have considered shooting at 1/2" to be tempting fate, but it seems to have worked out well. Congradulations. I'm looking forward to more.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2007, 12:20 PM   #10

The Barbarian wrote:
Quote:
Welcome to the world of Pentax, my friend. These are wonderful shots, and make me want to upgrade even more than before.

The one drawback is the battery; it's expensive and being a lithium battery, has to be drawn down fully before recharging to avoid "memory" problems. Did you buy an extra battery?

I'm happy with the *istD, precisely because I can use a 15 minute charger, or even buy AA batteries at a convenience store. How does the battery work for you?

Dear Barbarian, thank you for the kind feedback!

Ialways heard praises about the ergonomicsof this camera but often thought lighter would be better...but not anymore! The extra 200gr or so makes this machine very balanced, solid and reliable. I caneven shoot@an exposure time of 1/8'' when the SR (shake reduction) is off!Moreover while playing with its features, changing lensor takingin or out,I don't feel tenseforI might drop it because there's always enough place left to handle it : ) Still, I wonder if I seriously considered upgrading if I hadagreat camera such as*istD...or buy a pentax 12-24 lens instead!!

As for the battery isue, I only had to recharge once after a five- day intensive use, which is very good I think! I remember drying up the battery of my compact within two days...

Please don't hesitate to ask any further questions about this beautiful baby:-)

.................................................. ...............................

bhammit wrote:

Quote:
Your home sure looks different thru the lens of that dslr!!! Congrats on the new camera, I can't wait to see more!!!
Thank you Bob!

Yeah,it surely looks differentespecially whenyou look through the viewfinder compared with the LCD experience : )

.................................................. .................................................. ..........

TCav wrote:

Quote:
I completely understand your frustration at not being able to shoot this before. I'd have considered shooting at 1/2" to be tempting fate, but it seems to have worked out well. Congradulations. I'm looking forward to more.

Ifeel overjoyed hearingyour encouraging words! Thank you so much : )