Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Oct 11, 2007, 3:37 PM   #1

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Neither. It´s from the vincinity of the minor manor Lilla Änggården, Gothenburg.

I could have saturated some colours but this is the way I remember the scene.

On the other hand, memory is a deceptive companion. Remembering separate colours presupposes remembering the whole scene.

Hope you like it anyhow

Torgny

Attached Images

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 11, 2007, 4:41 PM   #2

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Couldn´t resist

Attached Images

Old Oct 11, 2007, 4:58 PM   #3

Yes much better with the added saturation..............musket
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2007, 5:39 PM   #4

musket wrote:
Quote:
Yes much better with the added saturation..............musket
Thanks, musket. I reduced green lightness and anhanced yellow saturation. You showed me that once. Quite effective

RAW files really are a blessing

/T

Old Oct 11, 2007, 5:39 PM   #5

I see the onset of fall colors, I hope we all can take many photos of this beautiful but short time that the leaves put on their show for us.

Bob
bhammitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2007, 6:21 PM   #6

bhammitt wrote:
Quote:
I see the onset of fall colors, I hope we all can take many photos of this beautiful but short time that the leaves put on their show for us.

Bob
Yes, a human life is about 30000 days (and nights). If you waste 20000 of them you can always find some comfort in thinking

life multipled by 4 for the seasons (I know, I know, impossible but allthesame...)

life multipled by 2 for before and after the daily sombrero equipped siesta

That´s false arithmetics but sometimes it can motivate to face a new day. I also find autumn to be the most colourful and the clearest of the seasons

Wish I could catch a leave falling from a tree, preferably with the palms of my hands, secondary to that with the lens and sensor of a decent camera

Torgny

Old Oct 11, 2007, 6:40 PM   #7

Good effort, Torgny! I thought you didn't like punchiness in pictures, but I see you just couldn't resist :-)No harm!

Anyway, reminded me of my grandfather's garden along with many a childhood memory...
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2007, 7:32 PM   #8

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
Good effort, Torgny! I thought you didn't like punchiness in pictures, but I see you just couldn't resist :-)No harm!

Anyway, reminded me of my grandfather's garden along with many a childhood memory...
Thanks, bahadir, just trying to keep the balance between trivial and tremendous when there occasionally is some of both.

Mostly trivial but that doesn´t necessarily mean inferior. The poet in the avatar* writes that he has read thousands and thousands of poems about Ikaros and got tired of the theme

Instead he wanted to pay tribute to "the boy Grey Stone" (impossible to find right words, sorry) who didn´t even make it outside his home village

What´s wrong with the brother of the Prodigal Son? Or the rash on the skin of Job

Hope it makes sense. In the greyest of grey all the colours can be found

I am happy I contributed to emanate childhood memories

Torgny

* Werner Aspenström, used to be a member of the Swedish Academy, the 18 men strong assembly that decides who´s going to be awarded with the Nobel Price in Litterature

Old Oct 13, 2007, 1:06 PM   #9

Nice shots, i also like the way you PP the 2nd photo
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2007, 5:12 PM   #10

hercules wrote:
Quote:
Nice shots, i also like the way you PP the 2nd photo
Thank you, hercules, for viewing and commenting

Torgny