Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Oct 25, 2007, 6:10 AM   #21

TCav wrote:
Quote:
Beautiful shots, both!

. (To be sure, if you hadn't included any of the quay in either shot, we'd be wondering if you were demonstrating your ability to walk on water! [suB]:-)[/suB] )
Actually,the wavy pattern of the sidewalkhas always beenso tempting:lol:OnceI sawa guydesperately required that ability of walking on water whenhe did not noticesome occasionalropes tied to those bollards while running with joyin a quite summernight:G Across the quay are a line of pubs
Quote:
Generally speaking, when a photo has a distant subject, as is the case in these, I find foreground elements to be a distraction. (So I'm going to go against the grain here (Surprise! Surprise!) and say that I prefer the second.
You know, sometimes you've got to go against the grain! Anyway, that's been a pleasant surprise I've been expecting : ) After all, as I mentioned above, it was a tough decision for me to chose which one to post, whichconsequently urged me to post both!Thank youfor providing your valuablereason also.Well, I think the point is; to what extendthe foreground 'adds to' or 'steals from' the thesubject matter, in which case the heavenly opening among the massiveclouds is responded by its reflection on the groundwhich justifies the presence of the foreground I think...

.................................................. ......................................

philby wrote:

Quote:
Number one seems to me to be much stronger and dramatic composition. The path of light from the hole in the clouds all the way to the pavement is enforced by the counter angle of the dock. The post in the front center is a little troublesome but still acceptable as a compositional element. I think that the darker area to the right of the post works, it helps define the transition from dark to light.

In the first place, thank you for the tack sharp and rich feedback!

Your mentioning the transition from dark to light isa good point indeed, as well as a compliment for the images : )As for the post,I preserved it as a compositional element for the quay (as you mentioned) along with anotherpost to the leftin distancefor the sake of sweet perspective : )
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2007, 6:12 AM   #22

flutelady wrote:
Quote:
Both photos are totally beautiful.

The first photo isawesome.
Oh! Thank you for the encouraging words

.................................................. .......................................

longside wrote:
Quote:
Incredible sky you captured there Bahadir! I'm very envious!!
Wow! Isn'titgreat to receivesuch acompliment fromthe guy whose photo was published on the cover the magazine ? :-)

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote