Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Oct 23, 2007, 8:52 PM   #1

I was standing by the lake enjoying the scenery after taking many shots and I figured I was done for the day. Then I noticed the ducks swimming my way. I just had enough time to remove dust cap and turn camera on to catch the scene. Taken with Canon 10D at 40mm with 17-40 wide angle lens. 1/180 at 8.0
Attached Images

dlearyfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 24, 2007, 2:16 AM   #2

dlearyfun wrote:
Quote:
I was standing by the lake enjoying the scenery after taking many shots and I figured I was done for the day. Then I noticed the ducks swimming my way. I just had enough time to remove dust cap and turn camera on to catch the scene.
Glad you pulled out your cameara swiftly! One of the most beautiful autumn pictures I have seen for a while. Eh,a single timely shot, that is all required

IMHO, should you do a little cropping from the bottom (which,I think, does not seem to add much, though I'm a foreground nut and noticed the reflections of the grey clouds!!) the rest of the image would be more emphasized!

I am personally drawn in by the road across the water, bringing the beholder into the depths of this realm of beauty, providing an unusual symmetry, as well, to the overall picture :!:

Well,here's my takeout of my full appreciation for the original : )

Attached Images

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2007, 6:10 AM   #3

Very nice Autumn shot with nice colors and composition, Kalo Mesimeri Bahadir nice edit
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2007, 5:27 PM   #4

Thank you Bahadir for your positive comments AND for your suggestion and edit. You are right. Your bottom crop does indeed make for a more enjoyable image. I am hopeful that as I take more photos, I too will gain a more critical eye for the things that make an image better.
I wish that I could have sent the original as the colors are much more vivid than on the reduced version that is necessary to save space.
Again, thanks for your critique. I have learned something.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 5:42 PM   #5

Here is another that I took earlier that day that I just cropped based on your suggestion.
Attached Images