Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Nov 10, 2007, 3:11 PM   #1

Taken in Colorado. Hope you enjoy!

Mandy
Attached Images

jeephotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 12, 2007, 2:09 AM   #2

Mandy, I loved the composition of tree tops touching the top corners of the frame on either sides againsta crispblue! The way riverdisappers as it bends to the right under the shadows of the accompanying trees hinting theafternoon also pleases the eye

My only concern is some pinpoint white dots due to sharpening or resizing, which is negligible!

That image certainly calls for a'wood fire flavoured' cup of tea :-)
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2007, 6:10 PM   #3

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
Mandy, I loved the composition of tree tops touching the top corners of the frame on either sides againsta crispblue! The way riverdisappers as it bends to the right under the shadows of the accompanying trees hinting theafternoon also pleases the eye

My only concern is some pinpoint white dots due to sharpening or resizing, which is negligible!

That image certainly calls for a'wood fire flavoured' cup of tea :-)
Thanks for stopping by. I see what you are talking about.......but on the original the dots aren't there. hmmmmmm, maybe it's the resizing?????? Also, I put a watermark dead center so maybe that is showing some unwanted stuff.....
Old Nov 12, 2007, 8:59 PM   #4

jeephotog wrote:
Quote:
I see what you are talking about.......but on the original the dots aren't there.
There is no right answer to this problem. It is impossible to see the glory of our original shots, as seen on one's own computer with a good, crisp, high resolution screen, within the confines of Steve's Forums' nominal & flexible 800x600 limits. Definition is always lost on resizing , and it can be perceptibly re-inserted to some degree by sharpening. Just whatdegree is desirable is debatable, and depends on taste.

We all have to exercise our fertile imaginations (which is why we're here) and ignore the odd imperfection due to display constraints. I can imagine what this image would look like as a giant print, and even the scene in real life.I urge others to do likewise. (And you could do the same for my postings, if I may crave indulgence.)

I want to be there, where the picture is. I could guess there might be biting insects around, so a monitor in a distant place is quite a pleasant, soft option.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2007, 11:17 AM   #5

Hopemywordsother than'the negligible concern' were not unreadable due to black fonts Alan once mentioned : )

Needless to say, thegreatest meritin an image that remains is'the mental picture'capturedto be conveyed...whichmakes a pleasant topic in the field of aesthetics.

Anyway, Isimply arrange the width and height my pictures with a very simple tool: microsoft office picture manager, and(if the resized image was stillexceeding 248k limit) l resize it with a freeware called Ken Ward's Makeup. I could say I seealmost indiscernable qualityloss! Just wanted to share with you; nothing more, nothing less...

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2007, 6:30 PM   #6

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
Hopemywordsother than'the negligible concern' were not unreadable due to black fonts Alan once mentioned : )

Needless to say, thegreatest meritin an image that remains is'the mental picture'capturedto be conveyed...whichmakes a pleasant topic in the field of aesthetics.

Anyway, Isimply arrange the width and height my pictures with a very simple tool: microsoft office picture manager, and (if the resized image was stillexceeding 248k limit) l resize it with a freeware called Ken Ward's Makeup. I could say I seealmost indiscernable qualityloss! Just wanted to share with you; nothing more, nothing less...

I appreciate your input bahadir......this is how we all learn and I appreciate everyone's input. It helps me take better pics.