Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Nov 14, 2007, 1:14 PM   #11

Torgny wrote:
Quote:
I have late habits so I´ll stay up until you post your power pictures:-)
Oh dear. I had in mind a week or two rather than an hour or two! Here's a sample to be going on with. It's Deeside gas-fired power station, about 10 miles away from home. It opened to burn methane from the natural gas fields of Liverpool Bay, then was mothballed for years due to the vicissitudes of market forces, and now it's back in action.

I call it the 'Titanic', because of the four funnels, andI think it should be disguised and painted to look like the ship, as a tourist attraction to bring some visitors to a very depressed area.
Attached Images

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2007, 3:58 PM   #12

Alan T wrote:
Quote:
Torgny wrote:
Quote:
bahadir wrote:
Quote:
I loved seeing againa sight of the future, (if we are to have one!) :windmills
These are fantastic images, of a dynamic low imprint future. However, we have to do the mathematics...
Even taking themethodological individualism into account (of the liberal economy doctrine,most of which Ifind somewhat dogmatic, in fact!), theymake quite arationalsolution, not the only one though:!:Ah, as for plain mathematics,atragedy of disabled or killedmassescan make statistics only, especially when happened in underdeveloped countries Or do we need an alltogether different philosophy for the future rather than false promisesof possessingendless consumption and energy facilities at no cost ??

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2007, 5:18 PM   #13

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
Alan T wrote:
Quote:
Torgny wrote:
Quote:
bahadir wrote:
Quote:
I loved seeing againa sight of the future, (if we are to have one!) :windmills
These are fantastic images, of a dynamic low imprint future. However, we have to do the mathematics...
Even taking themethodological individualism into account (of the liberal economy doctrine,most of which Ifind somewhat dogmatic, in fact!), theymake quite arationalsolution, not the only one though:!:Ah, as for plain mathematics,atragedy of disabled or killedmassescan make statistics only, especially when happened in underdeveloped countries Or do we need an alltogether different philosophy for the future rather than false promisesof possessingendless consumption and energy facilities at no cost ??

Thank you Alan and bahadir. I am so happy for your replies. I feel humbly like some kind of moderator for this thread, and I am very interested in Alan´s reply to bahadir´s thoughts

To me we "need an alltogether different philosophy for the future" (bahadir)

Two thirds of the planet´s inhabitants live under conditions that "we" never would accept. Creating equal life conditions requires energy.

Counting the dead in the "other side" of the ongoing war and counting those who already are affected by global warming (Australians, Africans) hasn´t exactly got high priority, whereas the own "losses" come in exact numbers

There is an attack on the life on (of) of the planet.

The end is not near.

No one will come down from the sky.

It´s time to grow up.

We have enemies to fight.

The good must arm itself

It´s not the time for "turning the other cheek"

Torgny

This little fellow has a soul according to for instance the Koran. It´s not ment to be dominated by humans as in the Genesis.

(Torgny´s declaration)

Attached Images

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2007, 8:43 AM   #14

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

It is you, it is I, it is our children, it is this little being against BP and Exxon. BP and Exxon are our enemies. This is our green little ally

Attached Images

Old Nov 20, 2007, 8:50 AM   #15

It is you, it is I, it is our children, it is this little being against the military-chemical-industrial complex. This is our ally with senses and DNA similar to our own

Attached Images

Old Nov 21, 2007, 1:44 AM   #16

Tatooine is a desert planet !

I like the second one
Gerafix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2007, 8:27 AM   #17

Gerafix wrote:
Quote:
Tatooine is a desert planet !

I like the second one
Thanks, Gerafix, for viewing and commenting. Yes I know, three of my sons are hard-core Star Wars fans

Did you read Foundation Trilogy by Isaak Asimov, a SF classic and perhaps the model for Star Wars

Great "sense of wonder"

Torgny

Old Nov 24, 2007, 1:42 AM   #18

Great images torgny
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2007, 6:23 AM   #19

Well shot Torgny, like the macro ones too.
alex james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2007, 8:14 PM   #20

alex james wrote:
Quote:
Well shot Torgny, like the macro ones too.
Thank you, Alex, for viewing and commenting

Torgny