Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Nov 16, 2007, 8:48 AM   #1

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

The Blue Book

Small

Attached Images

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 16, 2007, 8:49 AM   #2

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Medium

No noise reduction

Attached Images

Old Nov 16, 2007, 9:44 AM   #3

Torgny wrote:
Quote:
The Blue Book

Small

Yes the more the reduction the less obvious the noise....................musket
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2007, 11:38 AM   #4

Noise Ninja applied

No other PP whatsoever
Attached Images

Old Nov 16, 2007, 12:02 PM   #5

And using Paintshop pro noise reduction :-)

Attached Images

Old Nov 16, 2007, 2:57 PM   #6

The Noise Ninja sharpening seems like it was a bit overdone introducing some artifacts at the treeline. Paintshop makes a useful noise reduction without introducing artifacts. Neither reduced detail more than was required for this photo.
ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2007, 3:34 PM   #7

ac.smith wrote:
Quote:
The Noise Ninja sharpening seems like it was a bit overdone introducing some artifacts at the treeline. Paintshop makes a useful noise reduction without introducing artifacts. Neither reduced detail more than was required for this photo.
Further up this country the sun never shows during some weeks in winter. I´ll redo this, since it can be of value. I´ll replace the NN with a new .jpeg file with absolutely no other PP

musket

I´ll send the original file and would be happy if you also can redo with the original file. I´ll replace the NN. Perhaps you could let your PPro be there for comparison

Torgny

Old Nov 16, 2007, 4:03 PM   #8

Torgny wrote:
Quote:

ac.smith wrote:
Quote:
Further up this country the sun never shows during some weeks in winter. I´ll redo this, since it can be of value. I´ll replace the NN with a new .jpeg file with absolutely no other PP

musket

I´ll send the original file and would be happy if you also can redo with the original file. I´ll replace the NN. Perhaps you could let your PPro be there for comparison

Torgny

sounds ok, but how is it done? :-)ok got the original file...done two versions..just one pass in each...one in paint shop pro the other in raw therapee
Old Nov 16, 2007, 5:44 PM   #9

Torgny, since the defaults of these softwares may vary, I think the magic is more in the settings. Personally, I prefer the less amount ofelements to be detected as noise with more amount of reduction. If it doesn't work, I just increase the amount ofelements to be reduced.Thus, the moreI play aroundmy free version of Neat Image the more different resultsIget!

I should sayI too quite appreciated Musket's try at Paintshop pro

Below is the free version of Neat Image output in case you're interested.
Attached Images

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2007, 6:12 PM   #10

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
Torgny, since the defaults of these softwares may vary, I think the magic is more in the settings. Personally, I prefer the less amount ofelements to be detected as noise with more amount of reduction. If it doesn't work, I just increase the amount ofelements to be reduced.Thus, the moreI play aroundmy free version of Neat Image the more different resultsIget!

I should sayI too quite appreciated Musket's try at Paintshop pro

Below is the free version of Neat Image output in case you're interested.
Thank you, bahadir. Seems the Noise Ninja default (auto profiled) is adding too much sharpening at edges and otherwise give a bit too much watercolour effect

Yes, have to try different values at different parameters. The forest line is as ac.smith made me aware of, unacceptable

Very valuable information for me

Torgny