Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Dec 16, 2007, 4:51 AM   #1

3 resent night shots

Gisli
Gisli is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 16, 2007, 8:26 AM   #2

Magnificent shots as ever!

The amplitude of the shivering of the litle girl (I assume) in #2 is quite considerable. I know I couldn't keep that still for 18.3 seconds, whatever the temperature. Her legs & feet aren't moving. Were they frozen in place? It's a hard life as an Icelandic supermodel.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2007, 10:32 AM   #3

Beautiful
drewaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2007, 11:19 AM   #4

Very nice, I enjoy night time long exposures. I'll bet your little girl didn't like having to stand still on ice for a long exposure. Looks very cold.

Mike
lomitamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2007, 3:45 PM   #5

Thanks guys. The supermodel refused to dress properly and she was only in her night clothes and fleece jacket. She stud there for about half the exposure time ca 10 sec then she walked out of the picture.:lol:

Gisli.:-)
Old Dec 18, 2007, 4:03 AM   #6

I too appreciatedyour including thesupermodel (at least for a while!) like a fairy very muchHope you can persuade her again : )

Btw,observing thereflections of inconceivablebeauty inyour pictures, especiallyin the long exposure ones, I sometimes even wonder ifone mightstill see a polar bear onhis travels there (if any left, of course!!) ! They say these guys are the friendliest bear speciesunless they're quite hungry : )
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2007, 12:28 AM   #7

Interesting that there is no trail of the model leaving the scene. Oh and again great looking pictures.:G
Calicajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2007, 2:30 PM   #8

Thanx,:-) Calicajun I did put my hand over the lens while se walked:-), bahadir long time since we saw a polarbear over here but on the right side of the mountain in the midle of the first pictureone hungrypolarbear once killed 2 man but that was wery long time ogo 120 year's. Last time we saw polarbear here was around 1975 he killed one sheep and was shot by a fisherman few hundred meters north of the town and he is nowstuffedin our bird and naturemuseum. I would not want to meet one hungry on the walk they are biiigggg:-)

Best whishes

Gisli
Old Dec 20, 2007, 3:41 PM   #9

Gisli wrote:
Quote:
bahadir long time since we saw a polarbear over here but on the right side of the mountain in the midle of the first pictureone hungrypolarbear once killed 2 man but that was wery long time ogo 120 year's. Last time we saw polarbear here was around 1975 he killed one sheep and was shot by a fisherman few hundred meters north of the town and he is nowstuffedin our bird and naturemuseum. I would not want to meet one hungry on the walk they are biiigggg:-)
Gisli, I appreciate your knowledge about your environment. Seems like you've been residing there for a long long time! Would like to see some pictures from your bird and nature museum also : )
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote