Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jan 14, 2008, 11:36 PM   #11

I like how the light path draws you into the photograph, and all the shadows in it. Its a lovely shot.
DigitalDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2008, 4:04 AM   #12

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

DigitalDiva wrote:
Quote:
I like how the light path draws you into the photograph, and all the shadows in it. Its a lovely shot.
Thanks, DigitalDiva

There is a story, don´t know where it comes from, about an artist who made a painting and afterwards stepped into the painting and never came back again.

Sometimes I wish I could make such a photograph of a nice place. Not but :-)

Torgny

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2008, 4:09 PM   #13

Torgny...you don't know how many times I have felt that way..wishing I could step into a photograph and go exploring.

Malls and shopping centers hold no interest for me, I prefer walking through the woods, smelling the rich earthy smells or walking along a river listening to the rush of the water. No better way to spend the day.

I would have to come back though..I would miss my hubby, kids and grandkids ....eventually lol
DigitalDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2008, 9:34 PM   #14

Very nice pic, but what is format? Strange format for crop , for me.
emes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2008, 8:12 PM   #15

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

emes wrote:
Quote:
Very nice pic, but what is format? Strange format for crop , for me.
Thank you, emes. It´s the somewhat "old" format 4:3. I also use 3:2, 16:9, 2,35:1 and 3:1 and of course the corresponding proportions vertically

Well. "The times they are a changin´" :-)

Torgny

Old Jan 21, 2008, 1:31 AM   #16

Torgny,

Yes, this is an interesting and intriguing photo! I am glad you've generated a discussing about "entering" photos... we can all do this to some extent by sharing photos on this forum.

Your photo highlights (no pun intended!) the vast dynamic range in such a "sunlit" forest scene. You've done well showing the dark trees, ground etc in shadow with the sunlit part.

Thanks for sharing, part of this amazing world and your special Sweden!

Regards,

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2008, 8:45 PM   #17

pj1974 wrote:
Quote:
Torgny,

Yes, this is an interesting and intriguing photo! I am glad you've generated a discussing about "entering" photos... we can all do this to some extent by sharing photos on this forum.

Your photo highlights (no pun intended!) the vast dynamic range in such a "sunlit" forest scene. You've done well showing the dark trees, ground etc in shadow with the sunlit part.

Thanks for sharing, part of this amazing world and your special Sweden!

Regards,

Paul
Thanks, Paul. I´ve never been to Australia but I´ve always dreamed about renting a strong 4 wheel car crossing the country but I suppose one should have a travel companion that also has mechanical skills, besides a GPS navigator

Highlighting the dark areas, that´s what we´re doing most of the time :-)

Torgny