Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Feb 18, 2008, 7:02 PM   #1

...watched it snowed on the distant hills...

K10D; 1/60'' ; f/8; iso 100
Attached Images

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 18, 2008, 7:39 PM   #2

Nice shot but snow? Never thought about you having snow in your area, just show you how much I get out of town.
Calicajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2008, 7:40 PM   #3

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
...watched it snowed on the distant hills...

K10D; 1/60'' ; f/8; iso 100
Very bleak indeed.....looks like the hills are getting dumped on. Supposed to be raining ice here this week again.....

jeephotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2008, 10:56 AM   #4

Calicajun wrote:
Quote:
Nice shot but snow? Never thought about you having snow in your area, just show you how much I get out of town.
Thanks for dropping in ! Yea, it seldom snows tothe city I live in...However,it is always possible towalk in the snowin the nearby mountainsyou can reachafter justa thirty minutes' drive : )

.................................................. ..........................

jeephotog wrote:
Quote:
Very bleak indeed.....looks like the hills are getting dumped on. Supposed to be raining ice here this week again.....
Thank youfor the feedback, Mandy! My friendswho wentthereabouts for hiking yesterday, told me they they walked in snow sometimes up toknee depth : )...alas, which is not thatenjoyable forthe rest of my country where many people are stuck on the highways and over 5000 villages completely lost accessibility!!
Old Feb 19, 2008, 1:09 PM   #5

Hello dear Bahadir,

Wow, you did well capturing the amazing weather pattern, so great that you have the clear band of cloud and snow falling... and nearer and to the left still "clear".

We are certainly having interesting weather around this globe at the moment. I do hope that the many MANY people who are cut off in Turkey at the moment will not suffer too much. I especially think of the sick in those situations many of whom need to travel for medical reasons, but now can't.. or those who can't have proper heating.

Your amazing photos and fantastic descriptions of Turkey are such an invitation... I'd especially love to visit in your summer time.... maybe one day when my wife and I are back visiting "nearby" Romania again.

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2008, 2:52 PM   #6

Nice shot there arkadias, as your city seldom snows Sparta also never sees snow maybe just a little the other day, i usually drive up Taygetos mountain for all the fun
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2008, 10:58 AM   #7

pj1974 wrote:
Quote:
Hello dear Bahadir,

Wow, you did well capturing the amazing weather pattern, so great that you have the clear band of cloud and snow falling... and nearer and to the left still "clear".

We are certainly having interesting weather around this globe at the moment. I do hope that the many MANY people who are cut off in Turkey at the moment will not suffer too much. I especially think of the sick in those situations many of whom need to travel for medical reasons, but now can't.. or those who can't have proper heating.

Your amazing photos and fantastic descriptions of Turkey are such an invitation... I'd especially love to visit in your summer time.... maybe one day when my wife and I are back visiting "nearby" Romania again.

Paul
Dear friend, I'mdelighted to read your in depth commentI do also appreciate for your deep understanding about less fortunate people who has been experiencingtheother side of the 'beautiful and peaceful' nature, and awaitinga reief..

Ah, btw, I'd really be offended if you do not pay a visit here,to the Seven Churches,on your way to or back fromRomania:!:
Old Feb 20, 2008, 10:59 AM   #8

hercules wrote:
Quote:
Nice shot there arkadias, as your city seldom snows Sparta also never sees snow maybe just a little the other day, i usually drive up Taygetos mountain for all the fun
Merhaba arkadaƟ : ) Happy to read your kind remark!

Oh,I'll certainly hike along the 'five fingered' Taygetos mountain range there!!
Old Feb 20, 2008, 5:19 PM   #9

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Great. This picture is true. It has to do with truth. Documentary in the best sense of the word

/T

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2008, 5:04 AM   #10

Torgny wrote:
Quote:
Great. This picture is true. It has to do with truth. Documentary in the best sense of the word

/T

Thank you for the kind feedback Torgny, which reminded me ofsome wordsby John Keats: "Beauty is truth, truth beauty. That is all ye know on Earth, and all ye need to know."