Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Feb 28, 2008, 10:50 PM   #1

Torgny wrote:
Quote:
Let´s say first week in June...What will you drink, during your effort to complete the panorama.
Yesterday's weather showed promise, so I gave it another try, only 11 days later;3 months before Torgny's Target. Here is the seriously shrunk version of a stitch of 20 frames, with the same thing in two overlapping pieces in the following reply.

I live at the top of the village in the valley in the middle, and 'The Copper Mine' pub is the white building on the main road in the middle distance. The hills of NE Wales are visible in the distance across the Dee Valley.
Attached Images

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 28, 2008, 10:55 PM   #2

Here is much the same image in two overlapping halves
Attached Images

Old Feb 28, 2008, 11:00 PM   #3

...and here is 'The Copper Mine'.

I must admit, Torgny, that I called in for an excellent pint of 'Spitting Feathers' bitter, from a brewery about 5 miles away. I'd got very cold in an hour of struggling with the tripod in the heather and dead bracken, and needed their delicious vegetable soup.
Attached Images

Old Feb 28, 2008, 11:04 PM   #4

...and here is a wider view. It looks tilted but the poles are all vertical - it's just the lie of the land.
Attached Images

Old Feb 28, 2008, 11:14 PM   #5

...and here is our little village of Brown Knowl.

The problem with these amusements is that on my machine the stitching in 'autostitch' (www.autostitch.net) takes many hours, best spent asleep, but often spent browsing these forums. To produce the maximum resolution would, I estimate, take over 8 hours.

That's all for now, my friends.
Attached Images

Old Feb 29, 2008, 12:57 AM   #6

Pretty countryside, makes me really miss that I didn't get that temporary assignment in England. Oh wait I not going to get in trouble for saying I could be sent to England? The last time I mention it on a different forum (not Steve's) two people in England stopped talking to me. Guess they were afraid I come and visit, they shouldn't have had to worry I would be to busy taking pictures on my days off.:G
Calicajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2008, 3:38 AM   #7

Lovely scenes, good compostion......................musket.
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2008, 6:02 PM   #8

I'd love tospend a longday walking along the pastoral setting you've tastefully depicted through your photograpy...which wouldbe concludedwith a drink there at the Copper Mine
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2008, 10:16 PM   #9

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Alan T wrote:
Quote:
...and here is our little village of Brown Knowl.

The problem with these amusements is that on my machine the stitching in 'autostitch' (http://www.autostitch.net) takes many hours, best spent asleep, but often spent browsing these forums. To produce the maximum resolution would, I estimate, take over 8 hours.

That's all for now, my friends.
Another set of amazing images, Alan, bringing me back some hundred years. Bruegel, medieval musik.

The richness of details makes you want to spend days and weeks in some little accomodation facility, with ever new impressions of rural living extending over many generations

Torgny

This is my favourite, a little try to hide the results of air pollution

Attached Images

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2008, 4:05 AM   #10

Torgny wrote:
Quote:
Another set of amazing images, Alan, bringing me back some hundred years. Bruegel, medieval musik....ever new impressions of rural living extending over many generations...
This is my favourite, a little try to hide the results of air pollution
Thanks very much, Torgny. The mediaeval music is spot on, here in this house, as you can see at http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...mp;forum_id=85. The rest of the family are wide-ranging skilled musicians, and I'm a bad amateur (back of orchestra) violinist, occasionally pressed into service as an imitation mediaeval instrument when someone is missing.

See http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...mp;forum_id=85for an image with three replica mediaeval instruments.

Most of the village isn't that old, but there is a large 17th century Elizabethan Hall 300m away. Its half-timbered lodge is visible on the skyline of that last shot, next to a red roof on the near wooded skyline. We arrived here only in 1982, but for a while there were four generations of my wife's family within 100m right here, and the older ones are now in the churchyard next door, so we're making a start on your timescales.

If 'air pollution' refers to the hazy distant hills, that's fairly ordinary after a misty morning about 30km from the sea, and not easily removable, I thought. Sometimes with the right lighting & weather the views are crystal clear here, even with generally quite slight ordinary local pollution. Our prevailing winds come across the Irish Sea and empty mid and north Wales.

If you're referring to the haziness over the village, it's partly the same thing in the valley, and partly muddiness due to underexposure to avoid several painfully blown white houses with only 0.3 stop more. I have the same frame with more exposure that is less muddy, and I should probably subdue the houses individually using that frame. I tried a lot of twiddling on this one, but didn't do as well as your excellent amendment.You mentioned USM in your pm, for which I hadn't quite finished a reply. I thought that was for sharpening? I use it every day! How can that remove haze?

I'm here to learn!
Attached Images