Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 8, 2008, 12:33 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
musket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,782
Default

Out for a walk between the showers.

Windy, rain and showers with a few

sunny spells in which to grab

a few shots.









:|..............musket.
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 8, 2008, 1:46 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
bahadir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Izmir, Turkey
Posts: 6,263
Default

Oh, how peaceful an environment you have there musket!All very nice, relieving images, which make me almost feel there
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2008, 4:19 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Calicajun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Quartz Hill, CA
Posts: 3,455
Default

Great looking countryside you have there, looks like the rain washed everything even the sky.
Calicajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2008, 4:19 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
musket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,782
Default

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
Oh, how peaceful an environment you have there musket!All very nice, relieving images, which make me almost feel there
Activity to beat boredom is always good but peaceful periods in which

to calmly reflect,gain strength and purpose is also very desirable.

Thanks for taking the time tocomment:x................musket.
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2008, 4:27 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
musket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,782
Default

Calicajun wrote:
Quote:
Great looking countryside you have there, looks like the rain washed everything even the sky.
Yes the wind to blow away the cobwebs and rain to wash things clean

sunshine just after a shower is a good time for photography.

Thanks for taking the time to comment...........:x..........musket.
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2008, 4:27 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
musket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,782
Default

double send
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2008, 4:24 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Torgny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni
Posts: 10,042
Default


musket wrote:
Quote:
Out for a walk between the showers.

Windy, rain and showers with a few

sunny spells in which to grab

a few shots.


:|..............musket.
There are (roughly :-)) two kinds of photography/photographers. One deals with exotic motives, the other one deals with the "ordinary"

Musket, you are the master of capturing "the ordinary" in a most fascinating way, like in the dream of an alchemist; extracting gold out of common materia.

You might guess what kind of photo this reviewer prefers

Your pictures are clean, sharp, crisp and have the ambition to show how it is, thereby opening the eyes for the wonders of everyday life, everyday scenes, everyday everyday

Days are not that common, we´ve got some 25- 30000 of them, if we are lucky

Brilliant photos

Torgny


Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2008, 4:23 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
musket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,782
Default

Torgny wrote:
Quote:

musket wrote:
Quote:
Out for a walk between the showers.

Windy, rain and showers with a few

sunny spells in which to grab

a few shots.


:|..............musket.
There are (roughly :-)) two kinds of photography/photographers. One deals with exotic motives, the other one deals with the "ordinary"

Musket, you are the master of capturing "the ordinary" in a most fascinating way, like in the dream of an alchemist; extracting gold out of common materia.

You might guess what kind of photo this reviewer prefers

Your pictures are clean, sharp, crisp and have the ambition to show how it is, thereby opening the eyes for the wonders of everyday life, everyday scenes, everyday everyday

Days are not that common, we´ve got some 25- 30000 of them, if we are lucky

Brilliant photos

Torgny




[align=left]Ordinary?......... Reminds me of a poem.:-)

The Ordinary Man
[/align]


[align=left]In his younger years he was not a soldier nor in his hands he never held a gun
And his father was never proud of him and he was not his mum's favourite son
He is not seen as a high achiever though he is at work every day
For to support his wife and his children he works very hard for his pay.

In his twenties he was not an athlete and his life story may never be told
Like those that we know to be famous who compete for Olympic gold
A greying man in his mid forties your average Willie or Stan
And when we refer to him at all we call him the ordinary man.

He is not a scientist or physician or one with a brilliant career
He is just your average fellow and his story we do not wish to hear
Still he loves and supports his children and he is devoted to his wife
And can one not say his achievement is that he leads a successful life?

He never will scale the heights of Everest from his hometown he has not travelled far
And he never will become a rock singer or a World renowned movie star
He travels to and from work on Public transport and few even know him by name
But he is a very good person and is that not a just claim to fame?

There won't be a movie about him and he leads an ordinary life
Yet he is a very good person devoted to his children and his wife
An easy going sort of a fellow though some might say he lacks in elan
This unassuming and down to earth person we call him the ordinary man.

Francis Duggan
[/align]



[align=left]Thanks for the comments...................musket.[/align]
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2008, 5:12 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Torgny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni
Posts: 10,042
Default

musket wrote:
Quote:
Torgny wrote:
Quote:

musket wrote:
Quote:
Out for a walk between the showers.

Windy, rain and showers with a few

sunny spells in which to grab

a few shots.


:|..............musket.
There are (roughly :-)) two kinds of photography/photographers. One deals with exotic motives, the other one deals with the "ordinary"

Musket, you are the master of capturing "the ordinary" in a most fascinating way, like in the dream of an alchemist; extracting gold out of common materia.

You might guess what kind of photo this reviewer prefers

Your pictures are clean, sharp, crisp and have the ambition to show how it is, thereby opening the eyes for the wonders of everyday life, everyday scenes, everyday everyday

Days are not that common, we´ve got some 25- 30000 of them, if we are lucky

Brilliant photos

Torgny




[align=left]Ordinary?......... Reminds me of a poem.:-)

The Ordinary Man
[/align]


[align=left]In his younger years he was not a soldier nor in his hands he never held a gun
And his father was never proud of him and he was not his mum's favourite son
He is not seen as a high achiever though he is at work every day
For to support his wife and his children he works very hard for his pay.

In his twenties he was not an athlete and his life story may never be told
Like those that we know to be famous who compete for Olympic gold
A greying man in his mid forties your average Willie or Stan
And when we refer to him at all we call him the ordinary man.

He is not a scientist or physician or one with a brilliant career
He is just your average fellow and his story we do not wish to hear
Still he loves and supports his children and he is devoted to his wife
And can one not say his achievement is that he leads a successful life?

He never will scale the heights of Everest from his hometown he has not travelled far
And he never will become a rock singer or a World renowned movie star
He travels to and from work on Public transport and few even know him by name
But he is a very good person and is that not a just claim to fame?

There won't be a movie about him and he leads an ordinary life
Yet he is a very good person devoted to his children and his wife
An easy going sort of a fellow though some might say he lacks in elan
This unassuming and down to earth person we call him the ordinary man.

Francis Duggan
[/align]



[align=left]Thanks for the comments...................musket.[/align]
Heart warming. There is also the poem, A Devoted Man.

There are three rules in logics of the first order

A equals A

A does not equal non A

A or non A

It follows that the extra ordinary presupposes the ordinary. That´s what i wanted to say :-)


Torgny


Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2008, 2:57 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
DigitalGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 696
Default

Lovely place for to have a walk.. so peaceful.. Thanks for sharing!

Irena
DigitalGal is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 8:10 AM.