Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Mar 14, 2008, 10:18 PM   #1

Nothing special, just cleaning up the work space :?

This is a shot of the late afternoon fall sun, playing favorites upon the landscape, which it chooses to warm with its rays....

I call this one, "Above the Crowd", do you get it?

This one is another chunk of driftwood, enjoying those late afternoon rays of golden sunshine...

And a couple of shots off the bluff, showing the mountains across the water, and the sunset....

Hope you enjoyed my clutter
eddie haskell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 15, 2008, 8:33 AM   #2

Hi Eddie! I enjoyed these very much, your work with the light is awesome!

Bob
bhammitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2008, 12:52 AM   #3

bhammitt wrote:
Quote:
Hi Eddie! I enjoyed these very much, your work with the light is awesome!

Bob
Thank you very much Bob for the kind words of encouragement :homey:
Old Mar 16, 2008, 8:58 PM   #4

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

eddie haskell wrote:
Quote:
Nothing special, just cleaning up the work space :?

This is a shot of the late afternoon fall sun, playing favorites upon the landscape, which it chooses to warm with its rays....

I call this one, "Above the Crowd", do you get it?

This one is another chunk of driftwood, enjoying those late afternoon rays of golden sunshine...

And a couple of shots off the bluff, showing the mountains across the water, and the sunset....

Hope you enjoyed my clutter
Oh, come on. This is something special. The first picture is my favourite. The little island (?) with the hous(es). The reflection at the water surface. Windy?

Overall I get the impression of an oil painting. Great

Torgny

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2008, 9:44 PM   #5

Oh, come on. This is something special. The first picture is my favourite. The little island (?) with the hous(es). The reflection at the water surface. Windy?

Torgny

Gee.....with such feedback Torgny, I feel I owe you more explanation of the frame.

This is a lake on the island I live, in the Pacific Northwest of the United States. The house sits on the shore. The shot was taken late in the day, on a rather low humidity, winters day. That is not a wind ripple you see upon the water, but a thin sheet of ice, on the shallower water. The reason you don't see more evidence of the freezing temperature is because no moisture is present to freeze on the landscape, and of course what little there was, the sun melted during the day., letting me catch the warmth in the scene.

Of note....the very next day it snowed like crazy!
Old Mar 16, 2008, 10:01 PM   #6

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

eddie haskell wrote:
Quote:

Torgny

Gee.....with such feedback Torgny, I feel I owe you more explanation of the frame.

This is a lake on the island I live, in the Pacific Northwest of the United States. The house sits on the shore. The shot was taken late in the day, on a rather low humidity, winters day. That is not a wind ripple you see upon the water, but a thin sheet of ice, on the shallower water. The reason you don't see more evidence of the freezing temperature is because no moisture is present to freeze on the landscape, and of course what little there was, the sun melted during the day., letting me catch the warmth in the scene.

Of note....the very next day it snowed like crazy!
Oh, that is a thorough, poetic as well as metheorological, analysis. Great. Thank you. Wonderful pictures

I can see four light paintings here, in the first picture, first the original, then a cropped version without the trees and a horizontally cropped version with less sky and lastly a combination of the second and third, with the original as the first preference. That is just me, cannot stop imagining alternatives in first class photographies

Torgny

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote