Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Apr 9, 2008, 5:24 AM   #11

sorry for all the broken image links.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"they will all be fixed very shortly !!

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"again I apologize for the destructive acts of some individuals !!

Majik_Imaje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2008, 3:33 PM   #12

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Majik_Imaje

Thank you again very, very much, with my heart, this time for the additional pictures and texts. I bow to you and the others in respect

A great ethnological/ethnographical presentation. Be sure to copy this thread with both the texts and the pictures

/T hunder

By the way, have you heard about the lapps, laplanders, sámi people in th north of Scandinavia?

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2008, 3:47 PM   #13

Scientists are baffled how these people survive on just a diet of 'fat' !!

I have no idea why they do not have problems with cholesterol ??
Old Apr 9, 2008, 7:08 PM   #14

Hi Majik_Imaje (.... some Magic Images you shared...)

Thanks for the interesting insight into your part of the world. I've been in some pretty cold areas of the world... (Swiss Alps, Romanian winters, Norway fjords..) but have not visited your extreme location of Alaska.

Your many words and photos are a great documentary. Could be used to inspire a(nother) National Geographic story! At least it would make a good wikipedia entry.

Photo 2 is perhaps my favourite of all.

Do you have any stories about what happens if you fall into the cold water? As I understand hypothermia can take hold in a very short time, maybe from less than a minute to a few minutes?

I have learned a lot from reading / viewing what you posted. Thanks.

Maybe some Australian aboriginals have stories they could share... and it would be the opposite, how to survive the fierce heat, low or no water and strong sun!!

Paul

pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2008, 8:21 PM   #15

WoWow. !!! that would be great if you could get them to join my new forum of indeingious peoples from all over the world.

I am trying to promote something very unique that doesn't even exist in whole yet.!!!

thanks for the great input.!!

domain name/smf
Old Apr 11, 2008, 6:16 PM   #16

Well I have not been an eye witness to what happens when people fall into the water. I do know what happens... .. .. .. the person either dies, or a 'miracle' happens, and that person lives.

This year (2007) we had an incident out on the ocean ice.. many of them. (one which resulted in a very tragic death)

but I will take the time to explain what happend to two people that were going down to the ocean ice. just after we had to killigvuk and evacuate the ice.. a few days later is was ok to go back down and a whaling captain Luke.. gave his new snowmachine to Robert Kingik (27) to take down to the whaling camp. He was also bringing down a new 10 foot sled made out of wood, brand new. Young Erin tyler

(11) was the passenger on that 10 foot sled. Robert was driving and new snow was on the trail leading down to the ocean ice. a 7 mile journey that takes quite a few hours.. Robert didn't notice the ocean had a slush like appearance and drove right off the edge of the ice into the slush. Erin quckly rolled off the sled and landed on the ice and made his way to the edge to see Robert Surface and yell.. I know I am going to die today Erin. see you.. in heaven or in heck.. and he went down.. Erin quckly jammed his entire arm into that slush and grabbed Robert by the hair. (your clothing is what brings you down like a rock). Some how he was able to get Robert back on that ice! Hero of the day.. ! young 11 year old Erin Tyler of Point HOpe !! quick thinking and quck thinking again save not only his life but that of a grown man who was on his way to the bottom of the ocean. When ever someone falls through the ice or falls in.. and they get that person out, there is only one thing to do and it must be done very quicly.. time is precious.. the person who is takin out of the water must stand absolutely still while very sharp knives are used to cut all clothing off that person and leaving them stark naked standing on the ocean ice.! then others remove their outer clothing to put on that person and they are wisked off to the nearst camp to warm up and obtain new clothing!

Needless to say.. Luke the whaling captain was furious over loosing his new $12,000 snowmachine.. NO INSURANCE UP HERE IN THE arctic.. what happens .. .. happens.. no way to recover that loss.!

In the early 1990's a very famous incident happened here in Point Hope, It was so bizarre, that people from the discovery channel came up here to investigate and ended up making a movie of this event.

I saw this two hour movie on television in Anchorage in 1998, I was shocked and on the edge of my seat for the entire two hours.

Sayers Tuzroyluk & Morris Sage:

But there are some good stories also, but always bizarre and preposterous, and even documented by: the Discovery Channel, yes indeed, true story, 1993, before everything was computer data base MYSQL driven or stored.

This was reported and they had to come up here and find out the true facts, when all was established then they filmed the entire sequence of events with Morris in the water of the pool in the school but it was extremly believeable the manner in which they reconstructed the entire events of that day.

This story I saw on TV in Anchorage and I was spellbound, shocked and amazed at the same time. Inupiaq people can survuve tragic deadly incidents with some astounding results that defy logic, defy science and all medical knowledge known to man at this present date and time.

This is a 2 hour movie I am going to type in just a few short paragraphs. Sayers & Morris have copies of this movie, I have tried in vain to obtain a copy by calling the discovery channel and other associated branches of that unit.

The story begins with Morris Sage and Sayers Tuzroyluk returning to the village from hundreds of miles away, hunting caribou, no luck, coming home, almost home 7 miles to go across the lagoon and they both went through the ice and plunged into the ocean, Sayers was able to jump off his machine to safer ice and land. Morris went down with his machine but managed to climb off and grab his 10 foot sled which was vertical just barely sticking above the survace of the water. Clinging on to that sled he was barely able to keep his head above the water. Sayers tried to jump in and swim over but that was not possible as the weight of all your clothing brings you down very quickly. Sayers barely managed to get himself out of that icey water for the second time and decided the only way to get help here is to walk back to the village. He knows Morris is in very serious trouble but what can he do, just standing there.? He has nothing that can be used and the only recourse is to abandon Morris and head back to the village for help and hope that someone is headed this way.

Morris is going to die and he knows it, He is in an impossible situation. He thinks of his daughter, coming home from school and finding out that her father died and the shock and devastation that would ensue, He just could not let that happen, NO ! He was determined, I must see my daughter, I cannot die, I must see my daughter , this must not happen, then he remembered what his grandfather had taught him when he was a very young boy, how to use his mind to control the water and defy death.
And Morris said, to himself and to his mind.. Oh this feels so good and warm this water is just so warm and it feels so good, He went into some sort of trance believing this was true and this was what his body was actually feeling,

Meanwhile Sayers is slowly trying to walk the seven miles back to the village but he is in very serious condition, as his clothes are all frozen with ice, His legs are hurting he can't walk and he falls down and wants to go to sleep, He just cannot get back up. He knows if he falls asleep that Morris will die, he has to get back to the village and with great effort he was able to rise and continue walking slowly toward the village which can be seen on the horizon a geat distance away.

Sayers fell again, and again, several times, and each time, it was more difficult to get up and the time that passed was longer and longer. He had to do something, he had to keep going but the pain in his legs was too much for him to continue.
As a last resort with no other options available he turned around and started to walk backwards, a much slower pace but far less painful.

At some point in time, Sayes cannot remember how long it had been or how far he had walked, someone, noticed something that was not normal and rushed out there to see why this was happening, it didn't make sense. Sayers was quickly brought back to the village and many people with the proper equipment sped out to Morris' location. Morris is unconscious, but still holding on.

They had a very difficult time in prying Morri's frozen hand off that the top of the back of the sled that was sticking up out of the water about 18". It took quite some time to pry his fingers and loosen his grip and get him out of that water.

Morris was submerged in icy cold water for 4 hours !
It was 20 below outside

He was rushed back to the village into the clinic and medivaced by plane down to the hospital in Kotzebue.

When ever anyone has to be medivac to Kotzebue, first they have to send the plane up here, that takes at least 40 minutes. Morris has now had all clothing removed and is now wrapped in many layers of warm blankets.

When he arrived at the hospital in Kotzebue, the doctors were stunned, amazined and bewildered, Morris' core temp was 58 degrees. He recovered fully
with no side effects what so ever !

Want proof ? Morris Sage - General Delivery - Point Hope Alaska 99766

Sayes Tuzroyluk > same info !

Inupiaq Eskimo's think different, they do things different and still today, science has no answers for these peoples unique abilities that defy anything we know of.

Old Apr 20, 2008, 4:25 AM   #17

More interesting stories and photo's......................musket.
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2008, 4:25 AM   #18

More interesting stories and photo's......................musket.
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2008, 5:27 PM   #19

Great pictures and interesting stories
Gisli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2008, 10:51 AM   #20

Great shots and stories, also liked the polar bear story all bears are extremely furocious, welcome to the forum, oh i Hercules can defeat a bear:G
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote