Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old May 5, 2008, 11:29 AM   #11

Very nice exposed photos Bahadir, lots of history there, just love that sort of thing.
alex james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2008, 7:02 PM   #12

Looking at your pictures makes me wish I could hear the ruins tell their story, when they were alive with vibrant......would it not be amazing?
eddie haskell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2008, 5:37 AM   #13

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
...The first picture was actually an HDR....
That's not only a beautiful picture in terms of composition, scenery, and history; it's another example of carefully-restrained HDR looking just as I can imagine seeing the scene with my own eyes.

I could tell it was HDR, but I know that any single shot wouldn't have been such a good approximation. So congratulations! Have you a technical recipe for this now, bahadir, or do you twiddle the controls artistically until you approach perfection?

What are these structures beyond the ruins, with ladders or scaffolding? We have Industrial Revolution sites only 150 years old, with huge abandoned cast-iron gear wheels and cogs,uncannily resembling those piled up sections of column behind the young person.

Attached Images

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2008, 7:25 AM   #14

alex james wrote:
Quote:
Very nice exposed photos Bahadir, lots of history there, just love that sort of thing.
So happy to readthe kindfeedback comprising your valuable inspirations, my friend : )

.................................................. ..

eddie haskellwrote:
Quote:
Looking at your pictures makes me wish I could hear the ruins tell their story, when they were alive with vibrant......would it not be amazing?
Ah, your rhetorical question which requires no reply, I think, sums it all :-)

Still, I'd like to add that for the briefest moment when the sunlight comes from a particular angle, even the onlyimpassable distance, namely time, can be crossed for a really good reason ; )

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2008, 7:27 AM   #15

Alan T wrote:
Quote:
bahadir wrote:
Quote:
...The first picture was actually an HDR....
That's not only a beautiful picture in terms of composition, scenery, and history; it's another example of carefully-restrained HDR looking just as I can imagine seeing the scene with my own eyes.

I could tell it was HDR, but I know that any single shot wouldn't have been such a good approximation. So congratulations! Have you a technical recipe for this now, bahadir, or do you twiddle the controls artistically until you approach perfection?

What are these structures beyond the ruins, with ladders or scaffolding? We have Industrial Revolution sites only 150 years old, with huge abandoned cast-iron gear wheels and cogs,uncannily resembling those piled up sections of column behind the young person.
Dear Alan, I quite appreciated by your in dept feedback
Ah, I wish they made cameras with greater DR rather than greater MP:!:so that I wouldn't have to spend much timeona sceneone could feel like seeing with ones' own eyes!

Sometimes single RAW conversions come close to HDR outputs and I can gladly share my recipe for landscape weighted conversions at PS CS3 : Hue: Green +16 ; Luminance: Yellow +11, Green +11; Saturation: Yellow +15 Green +30

When it comes to HDR,regarding the settings,most advice would be useless, I'm afraid, when you see a great setting in one image looks terrible on anotherMy common workflow at HDR, however, includes using RAW inputsalways,applying 100% strength and using the top light smoothing. The rest remains, as you say, a 'twiddle the controls artistically until you approach perfection' job :-)

As for the scaffoldings, in the first place, I should celebrate your tasteful cropping : ) Now, in the 100% crop below, as you see, they are supporting the over lifesize sculpturesthere untill the missing parts are placed..
Attached Images

Old Jun 1, 2008, 8:38 AM   #16

Beautifully done. This HDR has really peaked my interest. I must try doing it the right way. YOu have composed these really well with good color and detail.
Caryl
carylwithay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2008, 2:57 AM   #17

carylwithay wrote:
Quote:
Beautifully done. This HDR has really peaked my interest. I must try doing it the right way. YOu have composed these really well with good color and detail.
Caryl
Caryl, thanks for your appreciation!

As Iwrote in my reply to one ofyour posts,relying onmyhumble experiences, I can suggest thatyoutryanother dedicated software for HDR other than CS3 (which is still a great tool for everthing else!!)
Old Jun 3, 2008, 4:33 AM   #18

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
carylwithay wrote:
Quote:
Caryl

As Iwrote in my reply to one ofyour posts,relying onmyhumble experiences, I can suggest thatyoutryanother dedicated software for HDR other than CS3 (which is still a great tool for everthing else!!)
Write this is also a really great program as you can also do HDR 1 photo at a time instead of having to open 3 photos like in photomatix, http://www.mediachance.com/hdri/index.htmlit also has a free trial
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2008, 10:30 AM   #19

I checked out that site. Their programs are really for PCs and i use Mac. Anoyone out there using an HDR program for a Mac that really works.
Caryl
carylwithay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2008, 4:23 PM   #20

hercules wrote:
Quote:
bahadir wrote:
Quote:
carylwithay wrote:
Quote:
Caryl

Write this is also a really great program as you can also do HDR 1 photo at a time instead of having to open 3 photos like in photomatix, http://www.mediachance.com/hdri/index.htmlit also has a free trial
Hey, I've downloaded and tried the Dynamic-Photo HDR today! Here's the comperative result to #1 above HDR(ed) by Photomatix. I tried to remain as natural as possible with the settings during the process. Imay do better I think when I have time to play around it (andeven read the tutorial someday :-)) My initial impression is that it is more punchy! but at a cost of detail loss in shade areas..Anyway below is aquotationfrom the suggested workflowof the software:

....command in the menu Image to show the Batch window

[align=left]·
press Run Batch! button[/align]
[align=left]·
go for coffee break[/align]
[align=left]:G
[/align]