Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old May 19, 2008, 9:22 PM   #1

Not very warm either, for May 19th. But the colours show up somewhat...

Canon A300.
Attached Images

Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 20, 2008, 5:17 AM   #2

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Herb wrote:
Quote:
Not very warm either, for May 19th. But the colours show up somewhat...

Canon A300.
Yes, indeed, they do show up. Very nice palette, Herb. Rich picture with many dimensions

And there is a path for us making it easy to step into the picture. Very welcoming. Thank you

/T
Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2008, 7:27 PM   #3

Lovely and somewhat pleasantly familiar : ) You might also try exposure blending next time for the very scene. Just two exposures will suffice!

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tu...blending.shtml

Here's my take following the instructions in the link above. Not a day and night difference, of course. Yet, I belive real exposureswith the camera can do a lot better.
Attached Images

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2008, 10:40 PM   #4

Thanks Bahadir, I'm trying that technique - to the extent that PS Elements version 2 may be capable of it. My first effort involves varying the opacity of the darker of the two layers (something I didn't realise I could do till I'd read the site you linked to). It seems to work, though of course I don't have a dark and a light original to work from. Here's the result -
Attached Images

Old May 21, 2008, 2:34 AM   #5

Herb wrote:
Quote:
Thanks Bahadir, I'm trying that technique - to the extent that PS Elements version 2 may be capable of it. My first effort involves varying the opacity of the darker of the two layers (something I didn't realise I could do till I'd read the site you linked to). It seems to work, though of course I don't have a dark and a light original to work from. Here's the result -
Well done, mate! Actually the process is so plain that, I believe, it could be handled with anyPS version.Ioften find the layers blendingtechnique to yield even more natural results than the HDR. Anyway,a retake will bemuch betterof course thancreating two exposuresfrom the same original at PS, ah! preferably before the flowers fade away; and your backyard richly deserves it: ) Btw, I'd also suggest you to shoot raw for the images to go into the blending.
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2008, 12:43 PM   #6

RAW, eh? I've not yet tried RAW, and the little Canon A300 that took this picture can't record in RAW, but my Nikon 8800 can, so I'm going to experiment with it. Looking at the Nikon's instruction book, I see that it's RAW format files are around 12 megabytes. To me that's sort of mind-boggling....
Old May 21, 2008, 1:21 PM   #7

nicely done :|very pretty backyard.
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote