Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old May 20, 2008, 1:19 PM   #1

Ok last year me and my family went to Mycenae and i forgot to take a picture of the Lions Gate, couple days ago i went with my son on a school trip to Mycenae and Epidavros, so here is a picture of the Lions Gate plus the Mycenae. Panayia Tholos. View of Tomb Chamber from N. And the the theater at Epidavros south east of Nafplion is well known for the unique acqoustics of its 4th BC century old theater, i dropped a coin in the center of the theater and it echoed all the way to the top, that was something else, but it is these kind of places is where you do need a 10-20 lense, i only had my canon IXUS with me
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 20, 2008, 8:01 PM   #2

hercules wrote:
Quote:
Ok last year me and my family went to Mycenae and i forgot to take a picture of the Lions Gate, couple days ago i went with my son on a school trip to Mycenae and Epidavros, so here is a picture of the Lions Gate plus the Mycenae. Panayia Tholos. View of Tomb Chamber from N. And the the theater at Epidavros south east of Nafplion is well known for the unique acqoustics of its 4th BC century old theater, i dropped a coin in the center of the theater and it echoed all the way to the top, that was something else, but it is these kind of places is where you do need a 10-20 lense, i only had my canon IXUS with me

Arkadaş, I remember your regret about forgetting to take a picture of the Lions Gate in your post 'Mycenae Citadels Walls' last year about this time! Seems like the ixus hasdone the job well especially with the exposure

Btw,Epidaurus is a site I'm looking forward to go shooting also. I guess performances are still held there as we doat the antique theater of Ephesus here : )

I have a feeling you'll acquire that 10-20 lens soon

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2008, 5:27 AM   #3

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
hercules wrote:
Quote:

Arkadaş, I remember your regret about forgetting to take a picture of the Lions Gate in your post 'Mycenae Citadels Walls' last year about this time! Seems like the ixus hasdone the job well especially with the exposure

Btw,Epidaurus is a site I'm looking forward to go shooting also. I guess performances are still held there as we doat the antique theater of Ephesus here : )

Thanks Φιλε, i am only an hour or so away from Epidavros if you ever get the chance let me knowabout the wider lense now is which one? I'm in between the Canon EF-S 10-22 or the Sigma 10-20:?
Old May 22, 2008, 6:07 AM   #4

hercules wrote:
Quote:
bahadir wrote:
Quote:
hercules wrote:
Quote:

Thanks Φιλε, i am only an hour or so away from Epidavros if you ever get the chance let me knowabout the wider lense now is which one? I'm in between the Canon EF-S 10-22 or the Sigma 10-20:?
Sure, my friendBtw,perhaps you have already done but I'd suggest you to check out here and download the pictures: http://www.ephotozine.com/article/Si...mm-f4-56-EX-DC:?
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2008, 6:18 AM   #5

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
hercules wrote:
Quote:
bahadir wrote:
Quote:
hercules wrote:
Quote:

Sure, my friendBtw,perhaps you have already done but I'd suggest you to check out here and download the pictures: http://www.ephotozine.com/article/Si...mm-f4-56-EX-DC:?
I didn't see that one, i saw others, the Sigma seems like a good option but i have read that the canon 10-22 is sharper and has better color, so i don't know which way to go, they both seem fine though.
Old May 22, 2008, 10:02 AM   #6

Great shots, just as you say could be better with a wider angle lens

I see wide angle adaptors available on ebay, looks like a cheaper alternative

to paying for a whole lens :-)I dont know how they compare to a proper lens

some are available at 0.7 which converts 18mm to 12mm 52mm thread

other adaptors are available at 0.5 for even wider angle found elsewhere

on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Digital-King-D...QQcmdZViewItem

:|..............musket.
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2008, 8:28 PM   #7

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

hercules wrote:
Quote:
Fascinating pictures, hercules. Robust as always. The people and the shadows of people looking down of course contributes to give an impression of scale. How large is the Lions Gate?

Those classic names!. Mykene, Epidauros (swedish) There must be many different ways to spell the names; all over the world.

Thanks also for the informative text

Torgny

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2008, 5:22 AM   #8

Torgny wrote:
Quote:

hercules wrote:
Quote:
Fascinating pictures, hercules. Robust as always. The people and the shadows of people looking down of course contributes to give an impression of scale. How large is the Lions Gate?

Those classic names!. Mykene, Epidauros (swedish) There must be many different ways to spell the names; all over the world.

Thanks also for the informative text

Torgny

Thanks Torgny, yourright they are classic names, the Lions gate is big here is an example with my son under it and a couple friends of his, what gets me is how those big Cyclopean where lifted
Old Jun 1, 2008, 8:28 AM   #9

Beautiful shots. It is many years since i have visited those places and i have enjoyed seeing them again through your camera. Thanks.
Caryl
carylwithay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2008, 8:51 AM   #10

carylwithay wrote:
Quote:
Beautiful shots. It is many years since i have visited those places and i have enjoyed seeing them again through your camera. Thanks.
Caryl
Many thanks for your appreciation