Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old May 21, 2008, 5:24 AM   #1

My fellowtownsman Homer,the author of Illiad and Odyssey, is said to have born as the son of the Lydian King Maion and an Ionian girl called Kriteis by the river Meles (a Lydianriver god)and therefore was also known asMelesigenes; the child of Meles.

The Meles river, like Homer,is born on thenorth easternborder of Izmiror Smyrna (the name of an Amazon Queen)in the Yamanlar(Sipylos) Mountains as amountain stream.

"Aiolian Smyrna, wave-shaken neighbour to the sea, through which glides the pleasant stream of sacred Meles."

"She [Artemis] waters her horses from Meles deep in reeds, and swiftly drives her all-golden chariot through Smyrna to vine-clad Klaros* where Apollon, god of the silver bow, sits waiting for the far-shooting goddess who delights in arrows."

*You might remember Klaros from my previous post.

Last week I roamed up the very valley by the side of this stream in the search ofa fewnotes fromthis blind poet's lyre accompanyinghislegendary rhymesflowing forever : )

#1) Though some mountains may look two dimensional from the city,they are actually a network many intertwined valleys and hills!

Attached Images

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 21, 2008, 5:27 AM   #2

#2) The stream when slowed down makesponds. See the moon above and on the pond : )
Attached Images

Old May 21, 2008, 5:29 AM   #3

#3) a few more steps down..
Attached Images

Old May 21, 2008, 5:33 AM   #4

#4) a microcosm from the flora of the whispering valley...I felt likeI wasabout the border of now and history which induced me to proceed : )
Attached Images

Old May 21, 2008, 6:15 AM   #5

Breathtaking country. Your story also makes it interesting as well as beautiful. Thanks.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2008, 7:18 AM   #6

Bynx wrote:
Quote:
Breathtaking country. Your story also makes it interesting as well as beautiful. Thanks.
Thank you for your deep appreciation, my friend!

Ah,it all bases on a true story constructing 'today' which is ours,distinct with theslight shudderstill roaming there; otherwise stirring theleaves, withouta visitor: )
Old May 21, 2008, 11:28 AM   #7

Beautiful views Bahadir!
cmoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2008, 1:31 PM   #8

As always my friend, great shots. Love the moon reflection in the pond.
You seem to have a deep appreciation for beauty and a unique way of expressing it.
Keep up the good work!
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2008, 3:38 PM   #9

cmoy wrote:
Quote:
Beautiful views Bahadir!
Thank you for the touch of incentive Chris : )

.................................................. ........................................

Goldwinger wrote:

Quote:
As always my friend, great shots. Love the moon reflection in the pond.
You seem to have a deep appreciation for beauty and a unique way of expressing it.
Keep up the good work!
Happy to share themwith kindred spirits, my friend!'Deep appreciation for beauty' ? Oh, well put indeed,as I'd die for it : )
Old May 21, 2008, 6:15 PM   #10

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

bahadir wrote:
Quote:

My fellowtownsman Homer,the author of Illiad and Odyssey, is said to have born as the son of the Lydian King Maion and an Ionian girl called Kriteis by the river Meles (a Lydianriver god)and therefore was also known asMelesigenes; the child of Meles.

The Meles river, like Homer,is born on thenorth easternborder of Izmiror Smyrna (the name of an Amazon Queen)in the Yamanlar (Sipylos) Mountains as amountain stream.

"Aiolian Smyrna, wave-shaken neighbour to the sea, through which glides the pleasant stream of sacred Meles."

"She [Artemis] waters her horses from Meles deep in reeds, and swiftly drives her all-golden chariot through Smyrna to vine-clad Klaros* where Apollon, god of the silver bow, sits waiting for the far-shooting goddess who delights in arrows."

*You might remember Klaros from my previous post.

Last week I roamed up the very valley by the side of this stream in the search ofa fewnotes fromthis blind poet's lyre accompanyinghislegendary rhymesflowing forever : )

#1) Though some mountains may look two dimensional from the city,they are actually a network many intertwined valleys and hills!

Wonderful pictures, Bahadir. Son of Smyrna. Where litterature started and where all the figs come from. Rapsodes in the mountains. You sing along and bring the heritage to those who need it, those without (a) histor(y)

The photographs. Your writing with light. They have a kind of strong, perhaps armed, fragile qualities, making the viewer aware of the importance of beholding and protecting. Handle with care

The gold ages have been

Torgny

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote