Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old May 27, 2008, 3:03 PM   #1

here are some shots from this morning. i got to the canyon rim around 7:15, and still missed the best light. looks like i'll have to shoot for 6:30 tomorrow... mind you, at that time this morning, it was 24 degrees, so i'm glad i packed a sweatshirt!! :P i'll be heading back up there again in a couple of hours, once the harsh midday light has passed.

these were taken from Sunset Point with my 40D and Tamron SP 17-35 lens...

Thor's Hammer, one of the more famous "hoodoos" in the canyon...

squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 27, 2008, 4:35 PM   #2

Awesomesightof a terracotta army carved by nature, whose reddish glow isenhanced byquiteafascinating lightingI am especially appealed by the second one and the third one (Thor's Hammer!)against thecomplementary green colour of pine trees!
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2008, 8:46 PM   #3

thanks, Bahadir! this place is incredible... a feast for the eyes if there ever was one. the way the rocks change color as the light changes is simply amazing, and the views are breathtaking... good thing i have another day here, there are still some shots i want to get!! :G
Old May 27, 2008, 9:31 PM   #4

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

squirl033 wrote:
Quote:
here are some shots from this morning. i got to the canyon rim around 7:15, and still missed the best light. looks like i'll have to shoot for 6:30 tomorrow... mind you, at that time this morning, it was 24 degrees, so i'm glad i packed a sweatshirt!! :P i'll be heading back up there again in a couple of hours, once the harsh midday light has passed.

these were taken from Sunset Point with my 40D and Tamron SP 17-35 lens...

Thor's Hammer, one of the more famous "hoodoos" in the canyon...

Incredible formations and skilful compositions. And those colours with the little green emphasizing the dominating orange/reds. Almost self radiant. Good luck the rest of the trip

I can hear tibethan prayers emanating from the rolls

/T

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2008, 12:21 PM   #5

squirl033wrote:
here are some shots from this morning. i got to the canyon rim around 7:15, and still missed the best light. looks like i'll have to shoot for 6:30 tomorrow... mind you, at that time this morning, it was 24 degrees, so i'm glad i packed a sweatshirt!!

Thanks for the report. I figured that by this time in spring it would be warmer. Maybe June would be better for a camping trip.

Excellent photo,s. Can't wait to go there.

Mike
lomitamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2008, 6:34 PM   #6

lomitamike wrote:
Quote:
squirl033wrote:
here are some shots from this morning. i got to the canyon rim around 7:15, and still missed the best light. looks like i'll have to shoot for 6:30 tomorrow... mind you, at that time this morning, it was 24 degrees, so i'm glad i packed a sweatshirt!!

Thanks for the report. I figured that by this time in spring it would be warmer. Maybe June would be better for a camping trip.

Excellent photo,s. Can't wait to go there.

Mike
yeah, it was cold in the mornings, but warmed up nicely in the afternoons... another couple of weeks and it'll be shorts an' t-shirt weather...
Old May 29, 2008, 7:04 PM   #7

These are incredible. What do ya mean??? the light was terrible? I have been to this area before I took up photography and wish I could get back there. Thanks for sharing.

Mandy
jeephotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2008, 7:55 PM   #8

LOL! the light wasn't terrible, i just missed the best of it by about half an hour...