Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jun 1, 2008, 10:50 AM   #1

Taken with a 12mm lens. I used 32 bit . When I changed it to 8, all sorts of adjustments came up. I just moved sliders and fiddled. This is the result. I am not too sure this is really HDR. Comments and suggestions?
Caryl
Attached Images

carylwithay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 1, 2008, 4:16 PM   #2

Nice use ofthe foreground I'd say at the first sight! It takes at least 2 differently exposed pictureseither with the camera(preferable) or photoshopto make a HDR.I wonder how many pictures you used here. The more the better in general! Then, you'dget a well exposed sky as well. Btw, you'll find making HDR like making yogurt ah!, some practicedoes pay off while following the recipe : )

Bahadır
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2008, 5:50 PM   #3

The yogurt is fine but nothing to photograph. Good though. I also make quark, a more sold cheese substance the same way. it all depends on the starter, doesn't it.

I used 2 images but from the same shot. There was not more in the sky at all so that was a problem. I shall try again and take separate shots with different shutter speeds and see what happens. The computer crashed a few times while trying.

Caryl
Old Jun 1, 2008, 8:46 PM   #4

hello Caryl,
I couldn't help playing with your picture. hope you like it
Attached Images

Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2008, 5:39 AM   #5

You made the sky better than it was! I have given up on the HDR with PSCS3. It does not work on my Mac. The diagram that i found in a book never comes up. The images do not merge at all. I only get a repete of one of them with a new name.. I can get the same effect, or close, with layers.
Caryl
Old Jun 2, 2008, 9:04 AM   #6

carylwithay wrote:
Quote:
The yogurt is fine but nothing to photograph. Good though. I also make quark, a more sold cheese substance the same way. it all depends on the starter, doesn't it.

I used 2 images but from the same shot. There was not more in the sky at all so that was a problem. I shall try again and take separate shots with different shutter speeds and see what happens. The computer crashed a few times while trying.

Caryl
Gladyou didit well (yogurt!) Ah, Icertainly believeif someone is clever, it shows in more than onefield :-)As for the quark, with thick comb honey for breakfast...mmm yummy!!!
As you have mentioned John's edit actually improved the sky! Shooting at least 3 pictures with an exposure spacing of 1.5 or 2 would work better, and you can attaineven better results using Layer Mask@ CS3thanits HDR, according to my experience!

Bahadır
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2008, 6:18 AM   #7

Nice shot, and good effort
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2008, 8:04 AM   #8

Thank you Hercules. however, i do agree with Bahadir that using layers is better, at least for me.
Caryl