Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jun 17, 2008, 6:00 AM   #11

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Alan T wrote:
Quote:
Torgny wrote:
Quote:
....Normally I don't like milky water pictures but these rise from the ordinary, both by the technical skilfulness and the dreamlike expression.
In the 'Biweekly Shoot Out' forum (being an Englishman and European, I prefer 'Fortnightly Challenge'), we mused about this (a little acrimoniously) when talking about "Fluidity" a few months ago. Some folk posted images of glass objects, which flow when hot, and very, very slowly when cold.

I felt it was illuminating to see the world in a more relaxed, glassy, time-averaged fashion sometimes, at leastfor comparison, and said so at...

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...mp;forum_id=85

So in future, when 'shooting' water features, I intend always to attempt both varieties, time & technology permitting.
I've been standing, contemplating, in front of all kinds of water, streaming as well as still water and waters in between. This matter is quite simple. What do the eyes really see? Perhaps the eyes have 1/10 of a second as shutter speed? Aperture? Too many parameters really, to me anyhow

If you want milky way landed, perhaps it should not be the main subject, but carefully used it can add to a picture

Have a Water folder and streaming water sub folders at four different places in the folder hierarchy. Have to work it through

Water, cool, cool water. Americans want to sell water to indigenous peoples in South America. The untasteful circumstance is that it is the water of the indians themselves. Who wants to buy what already belongs to you

Agree on the naming. Shoot out. Kind of wild westy.

To many clean water is a luxury

Torgny

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2008, 6:58 AM   #12

These are excellent shots i really like it
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2008, 10:48 AM   #13

hercules wrote:
Quote:
These are excellent shots i really like it
Thanks Hercules for viewing and the comments.

Peter
wk7leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2008, 11:34 AM   #14

Alan T wrote:
Quote:
Torgny wrote:
Quote:
....Normally I don't like milky water pictures but these rise from the ordinary, both by the technical skilfulness and the dreamlike expression.
In the 'Biweekly Shoot Out' forum (being an Englishman and European, I prefer 'Fortnightly Challenge'), we mused about this (a little acrimoniously) when talking about "Fluidity" a few months ago. Some folk posted images of glass objects, which flow when hot, and very, very slowly when cold.

I felt it was illuminating to see the world in a more relaxed, glassy, time-averaged fashion sometimes, at leastfor comparison, and said so at...

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...mp;forum_id=85

So in future, when 'shooting' water features, I intend always to attempt both varieties, time & technology permitting.
I agree with you that it is much better not to be bound by rules and forms when shooting.So is true when viewing shots. It will be better to give the right of way to the author of a shot, to identify the theme s/he intended to convey and the means s/he has used to accomplishhis/her purpose.

Peter
Old Jun 18, 2008, 8:58 AM   #15

Rain ... rain ... rain ...... it has been raining intermittently for about 2 weeks. Wanted to shoot something after work, but the rain for today was as worse as yesterday's.

Looking up the folder for Monday, I found this one. It has been cropped a bit to make the cutting more panoramicin a bid to catch up with the flow of the water. Perhaps, this is a typical shot for the kind of weather we have here in Hong Kong now. The observatory saus a low pressure ridge is moving south and we may be able to say good bye to the clouds.I bet good weather for the weekend. I have trust in the observatory.
Attached Images