Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jun 18, 2008, 9:13 PM   #11

A little amplification when I said they don't look like HDR. You have skillfully avoidedthe artificial look that I see in so many HDR attempts that actually presents a dynamic range beyond what the eye can see without the time for accommodation. You have chosen rather to show us the scene as we would have seen itjust before raising the camera to our eye. Again, well done in all aspects.
ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2008, 9:13 PM   #12

Accidental double post.
ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2008, 8:01 AM   #13

ac.smith wrote:
Quote:
A little amplification when I said they don't look like HDR. You have skillfully avoidedthe artificial look that I see in so many HDR attempts that actually presents a dynamic range beyond what the eye can see without the time for accommodation. You have chosen rather to show us the scene as we would have seen itjust before raising the camera to our eye. Again, well done in all aspects.
Happy to readsome further feedbackfrom you : )

Isometimes tweak a littleon the HDR outputsto bring them back to real life :-)
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2008, 10:17 PM   #14

Beautiful shots, Bahadir!Excellent exposure control and the subjects are...well...quite nice. I don't get to see landscapes like this unless I travel somewhere to see it.
Greg Chappell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2008, 7:53 AM   #15

WOW. You do live in a beautiful place. You could shoot forever and not have to go very far for natural beauty. Thanks for sharing.
Caryl
carylwithay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2008, 12:54 PM   #16

These are great arkadas, the stroll for miles around your city turned out to be a rewarded one as #2 #3 #6 really stand out but all are wonderful,, ah hope you don't mind just a little straightening tool in CS3:G
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2008, 12:07 PM   #17

Greg Chappell wrote:
Quote:
Beautiful shots, Bahadir!Excellent exposure control and the subjects are...well...quite nice. I don't get to see landscapes like this unless I travel somewhere to see it.
Happy to read your esteemed opinion, Greg

You might be takingspectacular pictures with your panny somewhere now on one of your travels

carylwithaywrote:

Quote:
WOW. You do live in a beautiful place. You could shoot forever and not have to go very far for natural beauty. Thanks for sharing.
Caryl
Again, I feel generously rewarded byyour kindcomment : )

.................................................. .............

Hercules wrote:
Quote:
These are great arkadas, the stroll for miles around your city turned out to be a rewarded one as #2 #3 #6 really stand out but all are wonderful,, ah hope you don't mind just a little straightening tool in CS3:G
Thank you arkadaƟ! Great exercise for the mind and the body as well as photography : )

As for straightening,the picture richly deserved it

Old Jun 29, 2008, 6:05 AM   #18

The area around Izmir is so beautiful, #1 and 2 stand out in this series to me. The clarity of the water in the first photo and the mountains in the second make these my favorites. I look forward to the next time you take you wife to lunch my friend!

Bob
bhammitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2008, 8:22 AM   #19

bhammitt wrote:
Quote:
The area around Izmir is so beautiful, #1 and 2 stand out in this series to me. The clarity of the water in the first photo and the mountains in the second make these my favorites. I look forward to the next time you take you wife to lunch my friend!

Bob
Thanks for your kind appreciation, my friend!

Actually my wife is a bit confused about why I must always carry my dslr with me when I take her outto lunch:G