Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jul 22, 2008, 5:40 PM   #1

I took three shots and stitched them together. Not sure if it is correct or not. Your C&C would be appreciated. I want to try this same shot in September with the fall colors.
Attached Images

jeephotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 23, 2008, 1:11 AM   #2

Such a scene is surely worthy of taking the pains of making a stitchwork : ) Very decent effort, indeed If only you posted it in larger size! Iwonder ifyou did the stitchingwith Photoshop, which I alsokeep on using -invariably- for stitchworks though there are are dedicated stitching programs there.

Btw, I shoud say a comparative fall scene of the very place is really anappealing idea!

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2008, 6:08 PM   #3

bahadir wrote:
Quote:

Such a scene is surely worthy of taking the pains of making a stitchwork : ) Very decent effort, indeed If only you posted it in larger size! Iwonder ifyou did the stitchingwith Photoshop, which I alsokeep on using -invariably- for stitchworks though there are are dedicated stitching programs there.

Btw, I shoud say a comparative fall scene of the very place is really anappealing idea!

Heres a link to my webpage where you can view this larger. thanks for your comments bahadir. The softtware is the Canon Photostitch uitility that came with my camera software.

http://amandasphotocreations.smugmug...20_y525n-XL-LB
Old Jul 24, 2008, 1:02 AM   #4

Quote:
Heres a link to my webpage where you can view this larger. thanks for your comments bahadir. The softtware is the Canon Photostitch uitility that came with my camera software.

I once again appreciatedyour panoin largersize this time...as well as your otherpicturesthere also at betterphoto.com.Btw,the Canon Photostitch is the very utility Istarted stitching photoswitha few years ago : ) Sometimes stitching remains the unique tool to do justice to'the poetry of the earth'and yours is actually a great start!
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2008, 5:45 PM   #5

bahadir wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

I once again appreciatedyour panoin largersize this time...as well as your otherpicturesthere also at betterphoto.com.Btw,the Canon Photostitch is the very utility Istarted stitching photoswitha few years ago : ) Sometimes stitching remains the unique tool to do justice to'the poetry of the earth'and yours is actually a great start!
Thank you Bahadir...I can always count you to tell it like it is.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 6:06 AM   #6

Very good stitch i also liked the larger version the best, but i do think that PS CS3 has a great photo stitch, i will be looking forward for the September one
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2008, 7:02 PM   #7

hercules wrote:
Quote:
Very good stitch i also liked the larger version the best, but i do think that PS CS3 has a great photo stitch, i will be looking forward for the September one
Thanks......if I could afford the CS3 I would buy it.....:-?I am hoping the fall colors are good this year out there so I can get another shot.
Old Jul 26, 2008, 1:02 PM   #8

jeephotog wrote:
Quote:
..if I could afford the CS3 I would buy it....
'Autostitch' from some folk at UBC does an excellent job and it's free. I seldom need to alter its default settings. First do a quick preview at the startup settings, and if it looks roughly ok, thenset the scale to 100% for a full-scale version.

See http://www.autostitch.net.

There's not a lot happening in the 'panoramas and stitching' forum here on Steve's Forums, and if you posted some of your wonderful photography there it might stir it up a bit!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2008, 6:34 AM   #9

Alan T wrote:
Quote:
jeephotog wrote:
Quote:
..if I could afford the CS3 I would buy it....
'Autostitch' from some folk at UBC does an excellent job and it's free. I seldom need to alter its default settings. First do a quick preview at the startup settings, and if it looks roughly ok, thenset the scale to 100% for a full-scale version.

See http://www.autostitch.net.

There's not a lot happening in the 'panoramas and stitching' forum here on Steve's Forums, and if you posted some of your wonderful photography there it might stir it up a bit!
Yes i agree Alan, a free one is better than nothing, but here is just an example on CS3 and AutoStitch taken at my sons school last day party click on thumbnail.

hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2008, 6:57 AM   #10

hercules wrote:
Quote:
....but here is just an example on CS3 and AutoStitch taken at my sons school....
I don't understand why the autostitch one seem less sharp to me (at this size). Did you set the 'scale' to 100% (so that most of your pixels are used), and the jpeg quality to a high value?

It's very clever of CS3 to use only one of the versions of the moving little girl, I agree. If you hadn't agreed with its choice of which frame to use, could you have overridden it? Or is it done by the order in which you present the images?

This would be usefully discussed with BillDrew, the guru of panoramas, in that forum!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote