Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jul 28, 2008, 1:34 PM   #11

Nice shots G,I havn't been up there for over 20 years, "memo to self!, I must go back". See ya soon Graham.
bluesman graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2008, 2:36 PM   #12

here is a total viewof the fort, hope it gives a sense of the scale of how big itwas, would have loved to have seen it when the walls where full height

Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2008, 10:41 AM   #13

bluesman graham wrote:
Quote:
....I havn't been up there for over 20 years ...
Well I've been within the last 10 years or so, but the trip I remember, reminded by the tiny settlement of Boot (I think) visible at the foot of the pass down on the right in the valley, was in the early 1970s.

I led a weekend trip of Birmingham University 'Wayfarers', in a collection of student vehicles, including their awful minibus, to Boot Youth Hostel. In poor winter conditions, but with fortunately little ice over the passes, my VW Beetle was the only one to arrive completely unscathed, without breakdown, scrapes on stone walls or other misfortune. At my suggestion, many of the party camped (forhalf price) outside the hostel.It rained torrentially all weekend, and only I & my friend in my tent stayed dry overnight. I've never seen such a steamy drying room. We climbed Scafell, one of England's 4 highest mountains,by map and compass, and saw nearly nothing. So I wasn't the most popular party organiser in history, to put it mildly. Weren't you lucky with your weather, Gary!

On another trip I was driving that Bedford minibus with an engine access hatch next to the driver,when it caught fire. I opened the hatch and put out the fire by pouring someone's orange drink on my handkerchief, and wrapping itround the smouldering wiring. What fun!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2008, 2:54 PM   #14

Nice shots, cloudscape in #1 is terrific..........................musket.
musket is offline   Reply With Quote