Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 11, 2008, 9:11 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,427
Default

Very nice shots my friend, I too have not been there for a long time, I took some lovely shots up there, and also of the corenth canal, I was greatly impressed by the way they dug out that canal, anyway Ileft my camera on a bus and never saw it again.
alex james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2008, 10:13 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
mtclimber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Oregon, USA
Posts: 18,143
Default

Nice photos, Hercules!

The cello plyer is my favorite.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2008, 10:42 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
ennacac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 4,198
Default

Those are all great although I agree with Sarah for the one I like the best.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2008, 11:48 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
hercules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sparta, Greece
Posts: 2,649
Default

alex james wrote:
Quote:
Very nice shots my friend, I too have not been there for a long time, I took some lovely shots up there, and also of the corenth canal, I was greatly impressed by the way they dug out that canal, anyway Ileft my camera on a bus and never saw it again.
Thanks Alex, the Isthmus Corinth is an impressive site it is nearly 6.5 km long 8 meters deep, 25 meters wide, and the wall rise to 79 meters, sorry about your camera bet you had a lot of wonderful shots
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2008, 11:49 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
hercules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sparta, Greece
Posts: 2,649
Default

mtclimber wrote:
Quote:
Nice photos, Hercules!

The cello plyer is my favorite.

Sarah Joyce
Thanks for your appreciation mtclimber
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2008, 11:51 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
hercules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sparta, Greece
Posts: 2,649
Default

ennacac wrote:
Quote:
Those are all great although I agree with Sarah for the one I like the best.

Tom
Thanks Tom i appreciate it
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2008, 5:02 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
carylwithay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 1,801
Default

Nice shots. If you have not been there since the 70s you are in for a surprise. I first went in the 70s and all was accessable. Then when i returned in the late 80s much was closed off. We could only walk around the outside of the structures. i do understand that all the visitors aid in the deterioration but it was a surprise.
Caryl
carylwithay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2008, 12:25 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
hercules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sparta, Greece
Posts: 2,649
Default

carylwithay wrote:
Quote:
Nice shots. If you have not been there since the 70s you are in for a surprise. I first went in the 70s and all was accessable. Then when i returned in the late 80s much was closed off. We could only walk around the outside of the structures. i do understand that all the visitors aid in the deterioration but it was a surprise.
Caryl
Thanks Caryl, yes 1973 was the last time i was up there, but i would think when they closed it off in the 80's was because they probably were getting things fixed, but i don't think it is closed off now.
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 3:09 AM.