Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Oct 5, 2008, 4:46 PM   #1

While traversing back out of a back road, I ran across this lake with these beautiful reflections. The ripples add to it I think. Thanks for looking.

Mandy

http://amandasphotocreations.smugmug...80962944_rmpTR
Attached Images

jeephotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 5, 2008, 5:24 PM   #2

Hi Mandy

Wow, what a LOVELY set of colours and a beautiful lake scene. I agree, the ripples in the lake do add to this, often we might expect / want a "mirror glass reflection" type lake, but in many cases the ripples also add reality and that special texture.

The colours you have in this photo are lovely (both in the trees: green, orange, yellow) and on the hill (yellow and green) as well as the sky / clouds. Even the grey rock. They all blend together so well.

One thing I noticed about the photo, the details seemed "dotty". I am not sure I can explain it well, but for some reason, e.g. the reeds / grass in the foreground and the pine trees lining the lake, the detail just seemed scattered rather than defined ("dotty" is the best word I can think of - at 8:50am here in the morning on a public holiday monday!) :-) I thought, maybe it's something to do with resizing for web, or webhosting or something.

So anyway, as I noticed you posted a link to your smugmug hosted photo I went to that, and sure enough - THAT photo is much better (clearer and "non dotty")! Just wanted to point this out, not to criticise your photo at all, but rather let you (and others know) there is even a better version of the photo there at smugmug than the one directly here in Steve's! By the way, I love your fall 2008 Colorado gallery, lovely photos there!

Thanks again for sharing this beautiful landscape photo. Glad you went down that "back road"!

regards

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2008, 5:24 PM   #3

Fascinating! Hey, I was just going to suggest you to add this one and the next two
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2008, 5:42 PM   #4

pj1974 wrote:
Quote:
Hi Mandy

Wow, what a LOVELY set of colours and a beautiful lake scene. I agree, the ripples in the lake do add to this, often we might expect / want a "mirror glass reflection" type lake, but in many cases the ripples also add reality and that special texture.

The colours you have in this photo are lovely (both in the trees: green, orange, yellow) and on the hill (yellow and green) as well as the sky / clouds. Even the grey rock. They all blend together so well.

One thing I noticed about the photo, the details seemed "dotty". I am not sure I can explain it well, but for some reason, e.g. the reeds / grass in the foreground and the pine trees lining the lake, the detail just seemed scattered rather than defined ("dotty" is the best word I can think of - at 8:50am here in the morning on a public holiday monday!) :-) I thought, maybe it's something to do with resizing for web, or webhosting or something.

So anyway, as I noticed you posted a link to your smugmug hosted photo I went to that, and sure enough - THAT photo is much better (clearer and "non dotty")! Just wanted to point this out, not to criticise your photo at all, but rather let you (and others know) there is even a better version of the photo there at smugmug than the one directly here in Steve's! By the way, I love your fall 2008 Colorado gallery, lovely photos there!

Thanks again for sharing this beautiful landscape photo. Glad you went down that "back road"!

regards

Paul

Thanks Paul. I think the dots are definitely reflective to the compression. I appreciate you going out to my website to see a better view. Thanks for stopping by.

Old Oct 5, 2008, 5:43 PM   #5

bahadir wrote:
Quote:

Fascinating! Hey, I was just going to suggest you to add this one and the next two
Okay......I am blonde bahadir , what is it you want me to add? and thanks for the fascinating comment.
Old Oct 5, 2008, 6:03 PM   #6

jeephotog wrote:
Quote:
bahadir wrote:
Quote:

Okay......I am blonde bahadir , what is it you want me to add? and thanks for the fascinating comment.
Lol! I meant the ones on 'Fall 2008-Colorado' page : )

Attached Images

Old Oct 5, 2008, 6:09 PM   #7

Two more for your enjoyment.
Attached Images

Old Oct 5, 2008, 6:11 PM   #8

jeephotog wrote:
Quote:
Attached Images

Old Oct 6, 2008, 2:15 AM   #9

jeephotog wrote:
Quote:
jeephotog wrote:
Quote:
Well done AmandaI find the additions quite complementary! I'd like to seesuch complementary jobs from you in the future also : )

Here'sa modest suggestion: if you redirect the images fromthe host web site pasting the pictures' url's to the 'Inset Image' box above,theycould standmore like a 'set'unobstructed by the post replyframes, which is, in my opinion,visionally more presentable andlikely to improve the issue Paul addressed above:
Quote:
So anyway, as I noticed you posted a link to your smugmug hosted photo I went to that, and sure enough - THAT photo is much better (clearer and "non dotty")!
Below is just a screenshot from your gallery at smugmug, which gives an idea redirecting the image, such imperfections would be a non-issue! Ah, and besides we do not have toclick the 'back' button to see the images onceagain while writing a reply:-)

Attached Images

Old Oct 12, 2008, 8:01 PM   #10

OUCH......................bahadir.:O