Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Oct 11, 2008, 8:34 AM   #1

Hello everyone

Last weekend (long weekend holiday) - I went camping in the Flinders Ranges (near Port Augusta, about 300km north of Adelaide for any of you who wish to look it up) This area is the "doorstep" to the massive Australian outback.

I captured a few "simple" landscapes, just because of the wonderful colours there... red earth, yellow wheat, green foilage and blue sky (with white clouds).

Comments anyone? (I'm sharing 2 photos).

Paul

Attached Images

pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 11, 2008, 8:35 AM   #2

And here is photo 2 - taken at the same spot, just facing about 90 degrees in a different (southerly) directly to photo 1.

Thanks all. Looking forward to your feedback.

Paul

Attached Images

Old Oct 11, 2008, 4:22 PM   #3

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

pj1974 wrote:

Quote:
Hello everyone

Last weekend (long weekend holiday) - I went camping in the Flinders Ranges (near Port Augusta, about 300km north of Adelaide for any of you who wish to look it up) This area is the "doorstep" to the massive Australian outback.

I captured a few "simple" landscapes, just because of the wonderful colours there... red earth, yellow wheat, green foilage and blue sky (with white clouds).

Paul
Hello Paul,

Very nice, vibrant colours indeed and fine compositions. Not hard to imagine the vast areas. Small details make you want to come back. Splendid pictures. Thank you, Paul

Torgny

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2008, 5:02 AM   #4

pj1974 wrote:
Quote:

With pleasure : )

The observer is drawn in by your intended vanishing point in # 1 emphasized by the foreshortening poles of the fence!Besides I liked your use of the diagonal axes of clouds and foliage on the righthandside). As for the colours you mentioned; indeed, very much so! IMO, youcould haveused a narrower aperture here, like f/11 or 13, for sharper foreground.

As for #2, kind of setting where a focal length of 10mm shines!!Whatyou mentioned about the colours in #1 is also true here for me...I loved the feeling of desolation by the vastness of the piece of landscape you captured. Still, a lower point of viewthan a human's height might look more dramatic with that focal length, imho.

Thank you for sharing these inspiring images, my friend!

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2008, 5:15 AM   #5

Lovely shots, rich in colour and clarity......................musket
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2008, 2:29 AM   #6

Hello Torgny,

Thanks for your kind comments and appreciative nature of the Australian nature! I've only once been to Scandinavia, but would love to visit your country and spend a while!!!

-------------------

Hi Bahadir

Well my detailed friend, your keen eye picked up on a number of possible improvements. Yes I only noticed too late (at home) that I should have chosen a f11 or f13 aperture to get that front bush also in focus.

Maybe I should have tried the "lower perspective" for photo 2... but I did want to get the "third red, third yellow, third blue" perspective happening. I'll scroll through my other photos to see if another lower perspective one to share...

Cheers!

----------------------

Hello Musket

Thanks for appreciating the colour and clarity that I aimed to share here. It's great to have your feedback.

Regards

Paul
Old Oct 19, 2008, 4:58 PM   #7

These are great shots with good color my friend, the only thing i would of did in #1 is clone the telephone pole and wires
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2008, 5:52 PM   #8

nice work

robb01 is offline   Reply With Quote