Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Oct 16, 2003, 9:58 AM   #11

Looks like I'm coming in a little late here.

I just wanted to comment on the composition.

I like how the tree is lit on the left. Yes, technically it's probably a bit overlit, but I like the contrast to the darker right half.

I also like how the reflection in the water (the sky) also leads you towards the waterfall (along with the water in general, and the shape of the rock/cliff.)

It is a pity that you couldn't have moved over more to the right. I would have liked to have seen more of the cliff instead of having it washed out slightly by the flare.

eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2003, 11:06 PM   #12

I would crop the photo. Comments?

chuck biddinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2003, 2:01 AM   #13

eric s, thanks for the comments. The weather is supposed to be very nice tomorrow so I plan on hiking around that area again so I may try some of the ideas people suggested. I was also chatting with a buddy from work and he has a pair of fishing wadders he said I could borrow. Basically they are like rubberized pants that go up past your waste and are completely waterproof so I will have no issues with about 3-4 feet of water. The hard part is I will have to hold the camera by hand for shots that deep which was my issue last time since the shot was at F5, 1/25th expossure. I guess we shall see what I can come up with tomorrow if the weather is what they say it will be.....which can change at a moments notice. (insert useless fact next Calgary is famous for its record temp. changes because of how close we are to the mountains. The Calgary record is a rise of 30C (from 17C to 13C) in 4 hours. :P

chuck biddinger, I really like the cropping job you did there alot. It takes away alot of what I didn't like in the picture....It definately focuses the eyes more towards the falls as well IMHO... I may take a crop of the original shot and have it printed off like that and see how I like it.
tkmckay is offline   Reply With Quote