Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jan 4, 2009, 4:39 AM   #1

I know that sunset-pictures are "boring" to some of you more sophisticated viewers and that most ofyoudSLR-owners will not be impressed, but I cannot help but being proud of my new bridge-camera, the Panasonic DMC FZ28 giving me such details and I just love thatwide-angel view.

Having had to be content with my old Olympus Camedia C-3000 with only 31mm wide angle and 3.2 Mp, for the past 7 years, I find it refreshing to go out and shoot with my new "Panny"!

)

Attached Images

Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 4, 2009, 5:45 AM   #2

Hello Walter! I never get bored with sunrise or sunset photos, especially ones like this, congrats on the new camera!!!

Bob H.
bhammitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2009, 9:56 AM   #3

A very nice capture, Walter.
Walter
Walter C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2009, 5:01 PM   #4

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Walter_S wrote:

Quote:
I know that sunset-pictures are "boring" to some of you more sophisticated viewers and that most ofyoudSLR-owners will not be impressed, but I cannot help but being proud of my new bridge-camera, the Panasonic DMC FZ28 giving me such details and I just love thatwide-angel view.

Having had to be content with my old Olympus Camedia C-3000 with only 31mm wide angle and 3.2 Mp, for the past 7 years, I find it refreshing to go out and shoot with my new "Panny"!

)

Yes, yes, go. Wonderful picture from the shoreline. Where is it? In the vincinity of Fredrkstad?

Torgny

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2009, 5:11 AM   #5

Thank you all for your kind words.

Composition-wise its a boring picture: 1/3 red sky, 1/3 flat sea and 1/3 frozen rocks - but its the mood and the "feel" of cold I liked - plus the new experience of having so much detail in one picture that appealed to me.

Yes, Torgny. The town of Fredrikstad (just 30km from the Swedish border) and to the south-west of the townis the island of Kråkerøy and at the far-end of the island a place called "Tangen". Its where I live. The shot was taken about 150m from my house.

What you see on the horizon of the picture is the archipelago of "Hvaler" - a fine place in summer, known for its "Skjærgård" / skerries! You would know that, coming from Sweden...?

http://home.online.no/~walsch/artima...FWCAIDai1b.jpg

The pin is my house. The green areas are woodland, the orange areas is habitats (houses) and the beige areas are public freeholds where anybody can go and enjoy oneself, like a big park - but wildernes.

)

Old Jan 5, 2009, 7:22 AM   #6

Walter_S wrote:
Quote:
I know that sunset-pictures are "boring" to some of you more sophisticated viewers and that most ofyoudSLR-owners will not be impressed, but...
LOL!Now,is that some counter pschological approach technique thingie??:lol:

Such an universally admired theme can never be despised!...and yours has been areally good representationBtw, I should say I quitelike the wide anglefeature and lens quality of the Panny, whichI first admired in the pictures of a fellow mate here;Greg Chappell.
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2009, 12:53 PM   #7

I have to agree with all the above, a great capture and the picture contains a bit of everything, mood, colour and plenty to keep your interest. Well done, I'd be pleased if I'd caught this

Steve
swaagate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2009, 1:25 PM   #8

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
Such an universally admired theme can never be despised!...and yours has been areally good representation
Quote:
whichI first admired in the pictures of a fellow mate here;Greg Chappell.
Well, bahadir - I really thought that sundown's are kind of passé in an photographers forum...not serious enough-like. Glad you liked it. And the presentation is due to some considerable effort on your sideby teaching me Ps-secrets!! :-)

As for Greg Chappell - I have already seen andadmired his works, and I specially like the way he pictures architecture. A new and refreshing wayto compose and capture oblong vertical structures - he just tilts his camera sideways and takes the shot diagonally! Why haven't I thought of this myself!?! I would have thought this would be a definite no-no composition-wise, but it works! This goes to show, how simpleminded oneself tends to think, within well-known (and self-imposed) boundaries.

Quote:
...and the picture contains a bit of everything, mood, colour and plenty to keep your interest.Steve

Thank you Steve - the foreground certainly makes for some interesting contrasts and shapes, and as one can see on the rocks, it was freezing cold that day. Minus 12º C - I don't know what this is in F

Old Jan 6, 2009, 10:59 AM   #9

Walter_S wrote:
Quote:

)

Yes Walter, it is so boring, I've sat here staring at it for some time. Just kidding! This is an awesome shot. And as far as what camera you're using...well I still have my 2 Pan's. Old fz1v2 for infrared shots, and my old trusty fz4. The Pan's are awesome cameras if you ask me. Best bang for the buck out there for an all in one....cheers...Don
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2009, 2:21 PM   #10

Thank you, thekman.

Yes, I am glad I chose the FZ28. Actually, I had the new Canon SX1is on order since the end of September, but Canon did have a real problem delivering that camera on time. I waited until the end of November and the got "angry off" (excuse the expression) with Canon. They could not give me a decisive answer as to when I could expect delivery, just kept on saying "..next week.."!

The FZ28 was second on my priority, and now I just loverit to bits! A perfect match if you know what I mean.

Regards from cold Norway.

P.S.: That camera even gets me up at 05:30 in the morning, to go out - in freezing conditions -to catch sunrises over the river or on the coast! On a clear day, the morning light is just great.

:-)