Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Feb 3, 2009, 4:10 PM   #11

bahadir wrote:
Quote:

We've beenrichly enjoying the romance the rainy days offerespecially this year my friend,have we not?Peopleoftenattracted bythemotto of the 'sun& beach' of the Mediterranean or the Aegean, miss the dramatically tranquil beauty of the towns when deserted! The series you postedconveysa pretty good account in this regard!

Btw,could it be a sign that the 'nymph figurine' was waiting for you on the rocks, Hercules : )

Yes my friend we have been having lots of rain this year, it has been so long that things were starting to dry up so thank god for that the *οταμια (Rivers) now have lots of water, Now about that nymph figurine, hmm you think it was a sign to jump in:G
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2009, 10:57 AM   #12

Beautiful series Hercules! I like the one with the drinks and smoke conveying a hard days work of photographing is over...well done!...cheers...Don
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2009, 9:38 AM   #13

thekman620 wrote:
Quote:
Beautiful series Hercules! I like the one with the drinks and smoke conveying a hard days work of photographing is over...well done!...cheers...Don
Thanks again
Old Feb 8, 2009, 5:10 AM   #14

Hi Hercules

Wow, what an amazing, wonderful set of photos you've shared with us, my friend! The colours and raw feel to them, are just splendid!

A truly great set of photos conveying a beautiful "winter" side to the Mediterranean, that is not so well know - as the fellow Mediterranean dweller Bahadir well appreciates!

About the actual photos, I love the first photo, that colourful island (with lighthouse) is a perfect composition against the blue / grew of the sea/sky backdrop...

Photos 3 and 7 (of the houses / village along the shoreline) are both very deep in colours I didn't notice so often (that yellow/orange hue) in the buildings, with the contrast of the water.

The church photo is great (almost looks HDR...) Did you use a flash... there seems a reflection in the door? (I'm just curious).

Maybe because I'm not a fan of coffee or cigarettes - the last photo is the "least favourite" of this serious, but it's still a great photo.

All in all, a fantastic series. Thanks for sharing from your end of the world. Glad to hear you've had lots of rain. Please send some our way.... most of south eastern Australia is in the third dry (drought) summer in a row. Yesterday we've just had the worst bush-fires on records in Australia (in the state of Victoria)... nearly 80 people confirmed dead so far... and maybe more deaths to be announced.

At the same time, in the north of Australia (tropics) they are having devastating floods - rivers at 12 metre flood level for over a week! What crazy weather we're having here!!! argh! I remember you had bad bush-fires in Greece last year wasn't it?!

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2009, 10:22 AM   #15

Looks like Mukilteo :G
eddie haskell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2009, 10:44 AM   #16

pj1974 wrote:
Quote:
Hi Hercules

Wow, what an amazing, wonderful set of photos you've shared with us, my friend! The colours and raw feel to them, are just splendid!

A truly great set of photos conveying a beautiful "winter" side to the Mediterranean, that is not so well know - as the fellow Mediterranean dweller Bahadir well appreciates!

About the actual photos, I love the first photo, that colourful island (with lighthouse) is a perfect composition against the blue / grew of the sea/sky backdrop...

Photos 3 and 7 (of the houses / village along the shoreline) are both very deep in colours I didn't notice so often (that yellow/orange hue) in the buildings, with the contrast of the water.

The church photo is great (almost looks HDR...) Did you use a flash... there seems a reflection in the door? (I'm just curious).

Maybe because I'm not a fan of coffee or cigarettes - the last photo is the "least favourite" of this serious, but it's still a great photo.

All in all, a fantastic series. Thanks for sharing from your end of the world. Glad to hear you've had lots of rain. Please send some our way.... most of south eastern Australia is in the third dry (drought) summer in a row. Yesterday we've just had the worst bush-fires on records in Australia (in the state of Victoria)... nearly 80 people confirmed dead so far... and maybe more deaths to be announced.

At the same time, in the north of Australia (tropics) they are having devastating floods - rivers at 12 metre flood level for over a week! What crazy weather we're having here!!! argh! I remember you had bad bush-fires in Greece last year wasn't it?!

Paul
Thanks for your kind words my friend i did use a flash on the church photo then did HDR, as i am not a big fan on smoking like i used to be i think it was the first one i lit up in 6 months my head was spinning, it is to bad about the fires floods and so on you are having, like here last year it got pretty crazy with the fires, but things will get back to normal again

Old Feb 8, 2009, 10:48 AM   #17

eddie haskell wrote:
Quote:
Looks like Mukilteo :G
Lol my dad owned a restaurant on thrashers corner in Mukilteo in the mid 80's and after i would close the pizza place at 11pm i would go to 7/11 there on the corner