Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Feb 20, 2009, 7:56 AM   #1

Hi all

I went down to Deep Creek Conservation Park - about an hour south of Adelaide. A lovely national park.

Here are a few photos from my day there. I went swimming the in sea, it was lovely!

I'm thankful that I had some patient kangaroos, so that was great I could compose a few photos of them.

Please provide any feedback on these photos.
Attached Images

pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 20, 2009, 7:56 AM   #2

A few kangaroos were lapping up a stream, as it entered the beach....

Here's one of 'em....
Attached Images

Old Feb 20, 2009, 7:57 AM   #3

It's handy to have a foreground feature in scenes like this... and eureka, a gull flew into the photo too!
Attached Images

Old Feb 20, 2009, 7:58 AM   #4

And finally, as I was walking back up the track to my car, it was getting evening, and there were so many 'roos (Kangaroos) out grazing... they didn't seem to mind me too much.

I love their "body language" in this one.

Thanks for viewing (and for any comments).

Paul
Attached Images

Old Feb 20, 2009, 3:39 PM   #5

Paul, these are great photos from the first to the last also i really like the compositions, and then the Kangaroo shots well done but on the last one that Kangaroo doesn't look like he's happy hope you kept your distance:G great work
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2009, 5:44 PM   #6

These are beautifully saturated, well exposed, tastefully composed pictures Paul! You must have used a polarising filter, I suppose. Especially the first one has it all
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2009, 7:23 PM   #7

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

pj1974 wrote:

Quote:
Hi all

I went down to Deep Creek Conservation Park - about an hour south of Adelaide. A lovely national park.

Here are a few photos from my day there. I went swimming the in sea, it was lovely!

I'm thankful that I had some patient kangaroos, so that was great I could compose a few photos of them.

Please provide any feedback on these photos.
Oh, these are all great photos. What a variation in the colour of the water. Summer, you say, all because of the axis of the Earth. Warming, soothing pictures. Thank you, Paul

Kangaroos. How they developed.

Torgny

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2009, 3:30 PM   #8

hercules wrote:
Quote:
Paul, these are great photos from the first to the last also i really like the compositions, and then the Kangaroo shots well done but on the last one that Kangaroo doesn't look like he's happy hope you kept your distance:G great work
Hello Hercules

Thanks for looking and for your "oh so kind" comments, mate! I appreciate you liking all of them. I'm Glad I could share some summer with you... our climates are very similar (except half a year apart).

Indeed kangaroos can look rather tough, especially those that are taller than I am! A few months ago a person was scratched and attacked by a kangaroo - and it made headline news.

However that's a very very rare occasion. Though I have heard a small kangaroo growl (like a dog!) once - it was actually in a wildlife park, and in an section of the park it shouldn't have been in... so I think it was disoriented, missing its friends or sick.

I notified a staff member - who said thanks and they would investigate and took it serious if an animal made such threatening noises. They said most likely they would bring it back to the right area if it was ok, otherwise they'd tranquilize it and see what was wrong.

The kangaroos in these photos were in the wild, and quite content grazing and bounded away with long jumps if I got close.

Paul
Old Feb 21, 2009, 3:32 PM   #9

bahadir wrote:
Quote:

These are beautifully saturated, well exposed, tastefully composed pictures Paul! You must have used a polarising filter, I suppose. Especially the first one has it all
Hi Bahadir

Thank you for your detailed feedback! The day presented many good photo opportunities to me, so I was glad to take them.

Indeed, your keen eye noticed that yes I used a polarising filter on several of the shots... indeed the first one - that aided both the sky and water's qualities!

Cheers, mate - as always.

Paul
Old Feb 21, 2009, 3:36 PM   #10

Torgny wrote:
Quote:
Oh, these are all great photos. What a variation in the colour of the water. Summer, you say, all because of the axis of the Earth. Warming, soothing pictures. Thank you, Paul

Kangaroos. How they developed.

Torgny

Hello Torgny

Your remarks on the photos are very much appreciated! Yes, the water does take on such a different look and colour depending on the angle of the sun / photographer and how close I am to it, as well as which direction I was facing.

All photos within a few minutes walk from each other too! Isn't it amazing how important the axis of the earth is to this planet's well-being and seasons! Wonderful. I'm glad we have changes in seasons as well as so many beautiful different parts of the the world... I always like seeing your photos from there in Northern Europe!

Kangaroos are certainly interesting animals - marsupials and with distinct traits and features. Wonderful, creation!

Thanks for looking and commenting!

Paul