Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Feb 20, 2009, 3:56 PM   #1

These are the last pictures that will be taken with my 450D as i sold it and on Tuesday i will have the Canon 40D in my hands anyway i actually wanted to get a night shot of the Mystra Castle but the lights don't come on till after 9pm and i didn't have time to wait, but these are better than nothing i guess.
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 20, 2009, 5:38 PM   #2

hercules wrote:
Quote:
These are the last pictures that will be taken with my 450D as i sold it and on Tuesday i will have the Canon 40D in my hands anyway i actually wanted to get a night shot of the Mystra Castle but the lights don't come on till after 9pm and i didn't have time to wait, but these are better than nothing i guess.
You're always upgradingarkadaĊŸ!!Surely you did a good job posting these night shotswhich make meassociate withthe streets and squares ofsometownsI like around where I live
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2009, 7:30 PM   #3

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

hercules wrote:
Quote:
In folk art there is often a so called "horror vacui", meaning being afraid of emptyness. You sure master the art of filling up the frame with images full of life and detail. Thanks

Torgny

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2009, 3:51 PM   #4

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
hercules wrote:
Quote:
You're always upgradingarkadaĊŸ!!Surely you did a good job posting these night shotswhich make meassociate withthe streets and squares ofsometownsI like around where I live
Thanks arkadas, yes i am always upgrading but for now the 40D will do
Old Feb 21, 2009, 3:52 PM   #5

Torgny wrote:
Quote:

hercules wrote:
Quote:
In folk art there is often a so called "horror vacui", meaning being afraid of emptyness. You sure master the art of filling up the frame with images full of life and detail. Thanks

Torgny

Thank you Torgny
Old Feb 22, 2009, 4:06 AM   #6

Hi Hercules

You have provided us with some lovely scenery from your area! Thanks for sharing. I was near Mystra some years ago... and I remember that lovely coastal area of south west Greece.

Kalamata is a lovely nearby town as I know, but yes - the little villages are real gems! Is the castle at Mystra anything like the one at Methoni (south of Pylos)? I took some night photos of that... when the lights came on then too.

The first photo looks cool, with the car light trails, and that lit-up mountain / cliff face appears out of nowhere, it's very artistically presented.

Your country is so rich in history (and monuments, etc) - the 2nd and 3rd photos are wonderful images... I'd love to know more as to the actual people / history they represent. The body language (drawn sword) of the person in the 3rd photo is particularly powerful. (though I don't particularly like war!)

Do you find it challenging at night with the different colours of the lights around (I mean some appear more warm / cold or even white / green according to their Kelvin temperatures?) You've done a great job of presenting these to us.

So... you're getting rid of the 450D for the 40D? What are the main reasons? Hopefully you'll still keep sharing plenty of your fantastic images with us!

Regards

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2009, 7:07 AM   #7

pj1974 wrote:
Quote:
Hi Hercules

You have provided us with some lovely scenery from your area! Thanks for sharing. I was near Mystra some years ago... and I remember that lovely coastal area of south west Greece.

Kalamata is a lovely nearby town as I know, but yes - the little villages are real gems! Is the castle at Mystra anything like the one at Methoni (south of Pylos)? I took some night photos of that... when the lights came on then too.

The first photo looks cool, with the car light trails, and that lit-up mountain / cliff face appears out of nowhere, it's very artistically presented.

Your country is so rich in history (and monuments, etc) - the 2nd and 3rd photos are wonderful images... I'd love to know more as to the actual people / history they represent. The body language (drawn sword) of the person in the 3rd photo is particularly powerful. (though I don't particularly like war!)

Do you find it challenging at night with the different colours of the lights around (I mean some appear more warm / cold or even white / green according to their Kelvin temperatures?) You've done a great job of presenting these to us.

So... you're getting rid of the 450D for the 40D? What are the main reasons? Hopefully you'll still keep sharing plenty of your fantastic images with us!

Regards

Paul
Thanks Paul, the Mystra Castle is not like the one at Methoni as i think that the Mystra castle is much bigger, the statues in the 3rd photo is Constantinos Paleologos The last Byzantine Emperor 1404-1453 http://www.greece.org/romiosini/fall.html and in the 2nd statue is actually a monument of citizens who died in the war, now on the colors that you see well actually i just got my monitor calibrated and and i can't believe what a difference it makes, now i have to go to my daughters computer to see if the colors look the same, but the lighting was different in each shot,,,,, I seem to see the problem now that i went to my daughters computer, see i think that since my monitor is calibrated i see the colors right on on my computer but on my daughters her monitor is not calibrated and the colors don't look right, so what i have to do is go to CS4 and duplicate the image under the image tool, and then go to arrange documents then click 2 up tab to get both images side by side, then in the view tab i chose proof set up and monitor RGB, then hit ctrl y and it shows me what the picture looks like when seen on other monitors then you PP what you need to get it to look like the original, here is an example on how it was before i proofed it, and this one after. you should see a difference as i do on my daughters computer, also yes my 450D is sold and i bought the 40D friend of mine has one and it is better than my 450D and fits nicer in my hand