Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Mar 3, 2009, 6:20 PM   #1

About15 km to the east,its large white top often wrapped in clouds; Mount Nif stands asa landmarkinmy town. It was one of mountains called 'Olympus' in ancient times, and now makes a greattrekking route rataining many a mystery!

#6 Update!!

#3 You know, some mountains have their own weathers as you go into their hearths...

#4,5,7...sights from the campus. There's almost no nook in Izmir you can't see this mountain from!

#7 and thefinal addition!

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 4, 2009, 4:23 AM   #2

Just like Mt Taygetos stands as a landmark in my Town great shots arkadas also like the composition in #3, but adding the olive trees in the foreground leading your eyes to the Mountain make it a pretty good viewable picture
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2009, 3:51 PM   #3

hercules wrote:
Quote:
Just like Mt Taygetos stands as a landmark in my Town great shots arkadas also like the composition in #3, but adding the olive trees in the foreground leading your eyes to the Mountain make it a pretty good viewable picture
Thank you arkadaş! Happy to hearthe olive trees in the foreground,liketheir branchblessedly being brought to Noahby a dove, broughta touch ofappeal to my picture also : )Ah, it's amazing toconsider in how many waysthese mountainsserve us theinhabitants nearby!
Old Mar 4, 2009, 6:57 PM   #4

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

bahadir wrote:
Quote:

About15 km to the east,its large white top often wrapped in clouds; Mount Nif stands asa landmarkinmy town. It was one of mountains called 'Olympus' in ancient times, and now makes a greattrekking route rataining many a mystery!

#3 You know, some mountains have their own weathers as you go into their hearths...

Fine art photography, bahadir. What impresses me most is the light reflected in the foliage in the first picture, both close and distant

And the lovely palette in number three. What a wonderful hike with memories of friends and faint whisperings from gods and halfgods.

Torgny

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2009, 11:07 PM   #5

I like #3
Gam3Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2009, 2:32 AM   #6

Torgny wrote:
Quote:
Fine art photography, bahadir. What impresses me most is the light reflected in the foliage in the first picture, both close and distant

And the lovely palette in number three. What a wonderful hike with memories of friends and faint whisperings from gods and halfgods.

Torgny

Thanks forthe credit Torgny! Youhavepointed outone benefitof a variable light conditionregarding the foliage in that picture, which on the other handcan give a hard time for accurate metering.

As fornumber three I remember the lighting conditionbeing really poorreminding memeanwhilethe 'merits' ofa faster descend:-), oh, and the cold on my fingersadjusting thecontrols on the camera!

Actually, (as I feelyou havesensed it) it was a solo hike which allowed more of faint whisperingsfrom the gods and demigods...which often induce me to drink from any spring I find when in the mountains ; )

Cheers!

Bahadır
Old Mar 5, 2009, 2:33 AM   #7

Gam3Ra wrote:
Quote:
I like #3
Thanksfor indicating your favourite! I now feel rewarded once againnot to have felt lazy to shoot it on my way back : )
Old Mar 14, 2009, 9:19 PM   #8

Hi: Enjoyed all your shots, but I really like #7. It makes one appreciate the difference climates from the temperate green zone of the lowland trees to the snowcapped mountain tops. It captures the contrast and draws the eyes in a sweep from bottom to top.

Steven R.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2009, 11:39 PM   #9

Wow, Bahadir... how did I miss this one?

Classic compositions capturing the clear variety in your area. As Steven said, the contrast and lead in of the olive trees to the mountain top are very well done.

I particularly like photo 1 ("randomness" of the composition), #2 (probably my favourite - with the green grass as the foundation of the natural sweep up to the mountain climax) - and photo 7 is also great. Well, all of them are great... but some more great than others!

Photos 4 and 5 don't work quite so well for me, probably because of the "power line" and the slight oof areas of photo 5. Still good to see another perspective.

So have you processed all this photos of Mt Nif using HDR skills you apply so well?

Thanks for sharing your Mt. I look forward now to see this mountain from some of your Izmir photos in the future too...

Best wishes, and may many blessings of peace be with you, just as surely as that dove brought back the olive branch to Noah!

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2009, 5:22 AM   #10

Steven R wrote:
Quote:
Hi: Enjoyed all your shots, but I really like #7. It makes one appreciate the difference climates from the temperate green zone of the lowland trees to the snowcapped mountain tops. It captures the contrast and draws the eyes in a sweep from bottom to top.

Steven R.
Actually that image was added later so that it may not have been noticed by the earlier observers.Now, upon youreloquent feedbackI feel rewarded not letting it go deep in the HD of the computer : ) Thanks a lot!

pj1974 wrote:
Quote:
Wow, Bahadir... how did I miss this one?

Classic compositions capturing the clear variety in your area. As Steven said, the contrast and lead in of the olive trees to the mountain top are very well done.

I particularly like photo 1 ("randomness" of the composition), #2 (probably my favourite - with the green grass as the foundation of the natural sweep up to the mountain climax) - and photo 7 is also great. Well, all of them are great... but some more great than others!

Photos 4 and 5 don't work quite so well for me, probably because of the "power line" and the slight oof areas of photo 5. Still good to see another perspective.

So have you processed all this photos of Mt Nif using HDR skills you apply so well?

Thanks for sharing your Mt. I look forward now to see this mountain from some of your Izmir photos in the future too...

Best wishes, and may many blessings of peace be with you, just as surely as that dove brought back the olive branch to Noah!

Paul
Wow! Thank you for your keen& kind observation! Actually thestory about the olive branch brought back to Noah by the dove was uppermost in my mind as I was shooting for the last image.I am often amazed by suchoccasional semiology studiesin pictures : )Iknow some guyswho climbedMt. Ararat. Oh, I wish I had joined them...Yea, all images are in hdr: such a bad addiction:-)As for the 4th and 5th images as you have also mentioned, they were simply intended for different perspectives from the campus in the city. That mountain has a largeplateau on its summit like a 'table' which offers different but still 'ablong' views from different places. I may post the series of other mountains surrounding my town soon, I hope!

Bahadır