Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 14, 2009, 12:46 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
squirl033's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,696
Default

while out curing a case of cabin fever the other day, i came across this little stream in the foothills of the Cascade mountains east of Seattle. the snow on the rocks attracted me, so i set up my tripod and snapped some photos. the whites came out a bit too harsh, but these still have a sort of abstract feel to them that i find appealing... 5D, 24-135 with ND4 filter, 1/2 second @ f/20...




squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 14, 2009, 1:50 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 636
Default

I'mma think'n if you'd got down in the snow for a lower angle, allowing for some background, you'd gotten more from this photo op. I just see rocks topped with snow and blurred water. Nothing for me to feast on, but then again, I should be on a diet anyway :roll:
eddie haskell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2009, 2:10 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
bahadir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Izmir, Turkey
Posts: 6,263
Default

squirl033 wrote:
Quote:
...the whites came out a bit too harsh, but these still have a sort of abstract feel to them that i find appealing...
ActuallyIlikened them kind of fairy chimneys at the first sight...and then to Smurf housesMight see somefurtherbeautiesthanks toyourprevailing cabin fever! Oh, butdon'tthey-theimages- make theit even more desperate,rather thanquenchingone's thrist...?
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2009, 6:22 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
squirl033's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,696
Default

eddie haskell wrote:
Quote:
I'mma think'n if you'd got down in the snow for a lower angle, allowing for some background, you'd gotten more from this photo op. I just see rocks topped with snow and blurred water. Nothing for me to feast on, but then again, I should be on a diet anyway :roll:
i wish i could've, Eddie... but the stream ran through a narrow, but very steep, ravine. i was able to set up about 10 feet above the water, but there was no way to get down to the stream itself, and i didn't feel much like sliding and crashing around in the snow with my camera gear... in any case, i'd have taken the same sort of shot, just from a lower angle. abstract shots like this aren't everyone's cup of tea, but i like one or two now and then for variety...
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2009, 6:26 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
squirl033's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,696
Default

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
squirl033 wrote:
Quote:
...the whites came out a bit too harsh, but these still have a sort of abstract feel to them that i find appealing...
ActuallyIlikened them kind of fairy chimneys at the first sight...and then to Smurf housesMight see somefurtherbeautiesthanks toyourprevailing cabin fever! Oh, butdon'tthey-theimages- make theit even more desperate,rather thanquenchingone's thrist...?
you're, right, Bahadir... sometimes, getting out to take photos like these only serves to whet the appetite, rather than satisfy it. i fear i am one of those for whom it's necessary to escape the bounds of the city to take photos of the "real world" at least once a week... if i don't, i get cranky and irritable... :lol:
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 8:32 PM.