Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Mar 29, 2009, 12:00 PM   #11

Very very beautiful Bahadir! I especially like #3. I don't really know why, but perhaps the mood is very much different than 1 and 2.
Awesome!
shadokachr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2009, 9:17 PM   #12

While number 3 is definately a strong image with those dark clouds, I prefer the pinks and gold of number 2. Its all personal choice since all 3 are great shots. It would be nice to sit there for a bit with a nice glass of wine and reflect on our past and future.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2009, 11:32 PM   #13

Wonderful colors in all three pictures. My guess is you missed the Sunset because you were sitting with friends having a little wine and lot lot of conversation.:-)
Calicajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2009, 4:12 PM   #14

shadokachr wrote:
Quote:
Very very beautiful Bahadir! I especially like #3. I don't really know why, but perhaps the mood is very much different than 1 and 2.
Awesome!
Thank you for indicating your preference also. I shot itabout ten minutes later than the first two, whichactually shows!

Bynx wrote:
Quote:
While number 3 is definately a strong image with those dark clouds, I prefer the pinks and gold of number 2. Its all personal choice since all 3 are great shots. It would be nice to sit there for a bit with a nice glass of wine and reflect on our past and future.
Thank you for the feedback. Oh, there are somecosy fish restaurants there where I sit in open air with friends occasionally to actualizesuch a sublimewish : )

.................................................. .......

Calicajun wrote:

Quote:
Wonderful colors in all three pictures. My guess is you missed the Sunset because you were sitting with friends having a little wine and lot lot of conversation.:-)
Thank you so much! Actually I had just left kids to training. But, your assumptionis really typical of me! How did you know??:-)
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2009, 8:59 PM   #15

spectacular, Bahadir! the second one is the more dramatic, but i keep coming back to the pastel shades and soft colors of the first... though i'm sure that one would be have more "punch" as well, with a bit more contrast... lovely views!
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2009, 3:05 AM   #16

squirl033 wrote:
Quote:
spectacular, Bahadir! the second one is the more dramatic, but i keep coming back to the pastel shades and soft colors of the first... though i'm sure that one would be have more "punch" as well, with a bit more contrast... lovely views!
Thank you for theincentive feedbackas well as the insightfulexpertise.Ioften tend to be cautious keepingin mind that many people would find punchy hdr outputssomewhat repulsive! Anyway, below is another version takingyour good suggestioninto account, which my printer wouldapply automatically in the output without even requiring my consent:?Hope I haven't overdone..

Old Apr 5, 2009, 6:00 PM   #17

Beautiful and well captured! #1 is my favorite!

Bob
bhammitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2009, 3:33 AM   #18

bhammitt wrote:
Quote:
Beautiful and well captured! #1 is my favorite!

Bob
Thank you for the incentive feedback as well as indicating your preference my friend.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 4:24 AM   #19

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
...Ioften tend to be cautious keepingin mind that many people would find punchy hdr outputssomewhat repulsive! Anyway, below is another version...
Sunset is a time when Nature itself goes wild with HDR and intense colour, so I prefer this less muted version of one your glorious scenes.

I'd never, myself, say "somewhat repulsive". More likely "not to my photographic taste" when the effect is exaggerated in less dramatic landscapes. But the results can still be fine visual art; Ijust don't see them as 'photographs' in the conventional sense. I'd usually like to see an original as well, so I can see the artist at work.

My 'poor man's HDR' approach to sunsets has been to take several shots, often producing several different versions, all somewhat representative of the real glory. This happens less often now, as I cheat by twiddling the EV up & down in 'live preview' until my right eye sees a preferred representation of the other eye's view!

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2009, 5:44 AM   #20

Dear Alan, thank you for the kind comment indicating your choiceas well assharing your esteemed opinion. Actually at times when nature goes hdr, as you put it,...I often find the poor sensors in our cameras quite lagging behind her glory, which oftencompells me tobring together several exposures representing several compromises (at best!) to be able to attain the best possible comprimise enabling mewritewhat Iwitnessed with light...