Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Apr 8, 2009, 2:12 AM   #1

Mt Baker, a 10,200-foot volcano in the North Cascades of Washington State, taken from Baker Lake... 5D, Tamron SP 24-135, 1/60 @ f/13

squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 8, 2009, 4:06 AM   #2

Such an appealing sight for a hiker, especially for one who doesn't bother carrying a dslr alwaysHere's just a thought, you wouldn't mind I hope: Selecting the forestyforeground for a high radius low amount sharpeningto bring a further emerald like sharpness and contrast,which would then call for selecting the inverse for an emphasized complementarybluecould also work, imho.
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2009, 5:20 PM   #3

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

squirl033 wrote:

Quote:
Mt Baker, a 10,200-foot volcano in the North Cascades of Washington State, taken from Baker Lake... 5D, Tamron SP 24-135, 1/60 @ f/13

Great picture. Seems there are two peaks. Can you reach them? Mountains live a life, much, much, much slower

/T

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2009, 9:06 PM   #4

Does look like a wonderful spot - lots of snow!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2009, 10:55 PM   #5

Torgny wrote:
Quote:

squirl033 wrote:

Quote:

Great picture. Seems there are two peaks. Can you reach them? Mountains live a life, much, much, much slower

/T

people climb Mt. Baker all the time. it's not as difficult technically as Mt. Shuksan, which is just a few miles northeast, even though Shuksan is over a thousand feet lower. there are several steam vents on the top of the mountain, and someone told me once - though i'm not sure i believe it - that there's a small lake under the ice near the top of the mountain. i suppose it could be, if there's enough geothermal activity to keep it liquid, but i've never seen it mentioned in any "official" documents about the mountain.
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote