Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old May 17, 2009, 6:14 AM   #11

Hello Walter! Your work on this latest group is superb, the harbour photo is absolutley stunning!!!!! I look forward to what ever you post next!

Bob
bhammitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2009, 10:10 AM   #12

Thank you for the encouragement, Bob.

The harbour-photo was indeed a lucky strike. I like the serenety there and I go there now and then just to enjoy the tranquility and peaceful atmosphere.

Here is another picture of the same harbour but from a different angel. The picture below was taken from the right-hand side in the 1st harbour-picture. You might recognize the steep but well-rounded rocks in this new shot.

Its not a great picture, but it might be of interest to see just how small this harbour really is. Its name is Papperhavn: http://www.hvaler.net/innhold/turistinfo/vesteroy.asp

Best regards from Norway!
Attached Images

Quote: "Buying a camera doesn't make you a photographer. - It makes you a camera owner".
Curious about my photography?
You may look up my small portfolio on the Norwegian photo-forum: http://walter_s.foto.no/ - click - "LATEST" on left bottom of page.
You may then click any thumbnail to view the picture and click again on the displayed picture for an unobstructed full screen view. Enjoy!
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2009, 1:28 PM   #13

Another "Norwegian Coast" theme:
I dont know why, but I just love seaside-scenery so much, I never get tired of picturing landscapes like this.

See ya folks!

Quote: "Buying a camera doesn't make you a photographer. - It makes you a camera owner".
You may look up my small portfolio on the Norwegian photo-forum: http://walter_s.foto.no/ - click - "LATEST" on left bottom of page.
You may then click any thumbnail to view the picture and click again on the displayed picture for an unobstructed full screen view. Enjoy!
Old Jul 6, 2009, 2:06 PM   #14

Its some time since I posted anything here, so I thought I'd bump this tread a bit by posting a typical summer-picture here today. No HDR this time, just a plain and simple single-shot.

Posted this one in the Panasonic-community as wll, but they rarely get seen there...

A maritime scene from Norway's eastern coast, shot on one of those unforgettable summer-evenings in nice weather with the sun low on the horizon, spreading that fantastic mellow evening-light. Observing nature in such beautiful light, one does want to shoot, and shoot and shoot to try and capture the essence of the warm atmosphere - but in vain. A mere picture can only give you a slight idea of what it really is like!

Enjoy!

P.S.: The picture has not been processed, other than removed an ugly power-line going to the light-houses roof with the Healing Brush Tool, and then minimized! So the coloures are in fact real.

Old Jul 7, 2009, 1:59 PM   #15

Default Midsummers boating in Norway:

This one is taken at 10:45 PM in the evening - or 22:45 as we say here in Europe - some 10 minutes after the sun disappeared behind the horizon, a few days after midsummers-day (24th June). Hence the beautiful light.
Attached Images

Old Jul 7, 2009, 2:24 PM   #16

some beautiful images indeed. lovely scenery - i wish i could go there to photograph it myself!

Photomatix Pro is really quite a good program. it is easy to overdo it, and some people deliberately "overcook" their HDR images to achieve a certain look, but i much prefer to keep the photo as natural as possible. it takes a subtle touch to process HDR images and still retain a natural look, but the results are well worth it, and you've done very nicely with your efforts.
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote