Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Apr 12, 2009, 6:36 PM   #1

I thought that these three lonely palm trees would make an excellent foreground and counterpoint to the background - the sea and sky. My wife suggested that I had scanned a postcard since she wasn't with me when I took this shot near Puerto de la Cruz, on the island of Tenerife. Guess who's sleeping on the couch tonight...:lol:. Cheers, Dan
Attached Images

fishguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 13, 2009, 1:48 AM   #2

fishguy wrote:
Quote:
I thought that these three lonely palm trees would make an excellent foreground and counterpoint to the background - the sea and sky. My wife suggested that I had scanned a postcard since she wasn't with me when I took this shot near Puerto de la Cruz, on the island of Tenerife. Guess who's sleeping on the couch tonight...:lol:. Cheers, Dan
Oh, they do actuallyThough Ilike it larger, regarding the presentation, I suppose the beautycould be even more perceivable for the majority if you resized to 900x600fitting15.4'' screens well.I also gather that youprefer shooting aRGB for printing, which is really wise as long as you have a reliable printer!It seems youneglected to convert the profile into sRGB internet explorers are working onStill the colours in your pictureare so vibrant that despite the loss, even the non converted version works well!

Below I attach the sRGB converted andaRGB copies. Needless to mention which is which, imo

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2009, 11:50 AM   #3

Sorry Bahadir, but my working LCD screen is a 24" Wide Screen so I sometimes forget to size down. Having said that, this shot comes up very well on my 19" monitor. As regards sRGB, you're correct that this is what the Web prefers, but I also do my own printing, matting and framing so I shoot primarily for print. Cheers, Dan
Old Apr 15, 2009, 12:31 AM   #4

Sleep tight Dan, on the couch...:G..... me thins Ill be there (opun me couch) 2night
Nice shot..... regardless
SternSteve121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2009, 12:56 PM   #5

Thanks Steve. I had a good night's sleep on the couch. Nobody elbowed me every time I snored :lol:. Regards, Dan
Old Apr 16, 2009, 12:17 PM   #6

I really like this picture, very calming, and wish I could have been so lucky as to have had a undisturbed night's sleep on the couch last night.

What's funny is that I'm sneaking a look on my office computer and didn't even notice that your picture was large - amazing how much a 30" monitor can swallow up! Makes me wish I were sitting on your beach instead of staring at a bunch of lines on a computer! Thanks for bringing a smile to my face.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2009, 2:22 PM   #7

fishguy wrote:
Quote:
Sorry Bahadir, but my working LCD screen is a 24" Wide Screen so I sometimes forget to size down. Having said that, this shot comes up very well on my 19" monitor. As regards sRGB, you're correct that this is what the Web prefers, but I also do my own printing, matting and framing so I shoot primarily for print. Cheers, Dan
Hey, why should you say sorry, Dan:? As I wrote above I do prefer it larger and alsoinduced some friends here to send their photos in larger size. After all, one of my pleasures ishooking my computer tomy 42'' LCD for a slide show!However, my suggestionrelies on myconcern of sharing my experienceregardingboth quality and quantityof feedbacks Ihave recievedfor my posts atvarying sizes, say 1100, 1000 and and 900 for the longest side (never considered 750 or smalleractually as long as I relied on the image quality!) and a little reference tosome aestetical theoriesregarding the size, beauty and perceptibility!! Anyway,as seen above, converting the AdobeRGB original to the sRGBto comformthe web colour space (if you had..) wasmuch more important for doing justice to your capture at display than the size issue.

Cheers,

Bahadır
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote