Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Apr 22, 2009, 7:13 AM   #1

The sun sets on a beautiful day in Tennessee.
Attached Images

shadokachr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 23, 2009, 10:35 AM   #2

Such a nice time to photograph shadokachr...as the grassy velvetlike mounds catch the lateral late afternoon light! I wonder what differencea polarising filtercoulddofor the skywithshapely drifting clouds.

even reminded me some lines from an oldieby Glen Campell:''... you got your feet in LA but your mind's in Tenessee...''
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2009, 8:46 PM   #3

bahadir wrote:
Quote:

Such a nice time to photograph shadokachr...as the grassy velvetlike mounds catch the lateral late afternoon light! I wonder what differencea polarising filtercoulddofor the skywithshapely drifting clouds.

even reminded me some lines from an oldieby Glen Campell:''... you got your feet in LA but your mind's in Tenessee...''
Thanks Bahadir. I tried a few with the polarizing filter and the effect was pretty much nill.
I waited months for the sun to come around to this angle in the evening. For a couple of weeks in April it's exactly where I wanted it.
Glenn Campbell fan are ya?

Here is another pic I shot very near by.
Attached Images

Old Apr 23, 2009, 11:04 PM   #4

With scenery like that, I can see why Glen Campbell would have his mind in Tennessee - wonderful lighting. Makes me glad I'm taking the day off tomorrow and my feet won't be in LA!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2009, 2:54 AM   #5

shadokachr wrote:
Quote:
Thanks Bahadir. I tried a few with the polarizing filter and the effect was pretty much nill.
I waited months for the sun to come around to this angle in the evening. For a couple of weeks in April it's exactly where I wanted it.
Hey, don't know if this could be considered being a fan, but there was hardly a song from him that I could notsing, at least partly,back in my high school andcollege years when there were no cd's around!The sameappliesto those from Martin Martin Murphey :-)

As forpolarizing filters, as you also have one, you know they work best when the light comes from sideways, providing of course you rotate them correctly. So simply assumed it might make a differencein the sky especially under suchlighting.

The second one is alsokind of captureconveyingthe lovely pastoral feel to the beholder...You might have a few more I suppose in which you've exploited the unique April lighting ; )

Old Apr 24, 2009, 6:22 AM   #6

Yes! Get out of LA and get your mind in the country! Tennessee is a photographers paradise. My office is in Nashville, but I live 40 miles outside of the city. As you can see, there are many photo-ops along the way.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 6:32 AM   #7

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
shadokachr wrote:
Quote:
Hey, don't know if this could be considered being a fan, but there was hardly a song from him that I could notsing, at least partly,back in my high school andcollege years when there were no cd's around!The sameappliesto those from Martin Martin Murphey :-)

As forpolarizing filters, as you also have one, you know they work best when the light comes from sideways, providing of course you rotate them correctly. So simply assumed it might make a differencein the sky especially under suchlighting.

The second one is alsokind of captureconveyingthe lovely pastoral feel to the beholder...You might have a few more I suppose in which you've exploited the unique April lighting ; )

Bahadir, you really have a poets heart! I wish I had stayed longer, but I was late for dinner and I didn't want to keep the Mrs. waiting. I took about 15 or 20 frames and I edit my photos ruthlessly. So I ended up with three that I kept.
Here is the final keeper. Not a pastoral scene, but a lonely highway.
Attached Images

Old Apr 24, 2009, 7:10 AM   #8

Bahadir I was mistaken. There were four pics I kept. This is the final frame I shot Wednesday evening.
Attached Images

Old Apr 24, 2009, 10:03 AM   #9

Oh, thank you for the kind compliment shadokachr.Even onlyenjoyingpoetryisa priveledge itself, imo : )

The third picture you addedhas a striking point of view indeed regarding your use of the lines from the midst of the lefthandside frame to theright bottom corner!It was worth pulling up to the road verge, I should say: ) I also find the placementof the sunsimply perfect! It would be a loss if you hadn't submitted it... MeanwhileI opened a Blue Ribbonbeer -oh, pardon!- Efes Pilsen, to do justice :lol:As for the fourth one; it ,somehow, reminded methe song ''where do cowboys go when they die''at the first sight
Old Apr 25, 2009, 8:15 PM   #10

Excellent shots shodkachr.
i dunno much about Glen Campbell,(outside of Lineman, and Pheonix), but your 3rd shot shouts out Bob Seeger's " Turn the Page"..... "On a long lonesome highway.." Guess Im from a slightly different generation, non the less, it is all good.

Your othersstrike a chord (gawds please pardon the pun) Copelands "Appalachian Spring"

Bahadir,
hmm.. music and photography..... do I detect a trend?

SternSteve121 is offline   Reply With Quote