Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 4, 2009, 10:45 AM   #1
conor
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Went out last night to shoot pictures from a train bridge (I don't recommend it unless you have tough nerves - standing three feet from a train on a steel bridge is a bit freaky)

Way too many of the shots were "out of focus" due to the trains vibrating the bridge, but heres pair that I'm reasonably happy with; first looking north, then south.

C&C welcome and highly appreciated

Edit: Cropped images, updated URLs in this post.

Attachment 204733

Attachment 204734

Last edited by conor; Apr 21, 2016 at 9:14 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 8, 2009, 6:47 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
bahadir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Izmir, Turkey
Posts: 6,263
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor View Post
Went out last night to shoot pictures from a train bridge (I don't recommend it unless you have tough nerves - standing three feet from a train on a steel bridge is a bit freaky)
haha! this alone requires praise in my book mate : ) You also shot some further pictures to be hdr'ed from that scenic place, I suppose. Anyway, I think the second image, especially, may benefit from high radius sharpening, a little levels adjustment and a little cropping off from the top.
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2009, 9:16 AM   #3
conor
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahadir View Post
You also shot some further pictures to be hdr'ed from that scenic place, I suppose.
Correct, this location is about 7 minutes drive from my house (and 3 minutes walk from my work). I've been trying to get the most out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahadir View Post
Anyway, I think the second image, especially, may benefit from high radius sharpening, a little levels adjustment and a little cropping off from the top.
Thanks, I'll give this a go and see how it turns out!
  Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2009, 11:28 AM   #4
conor
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Is this slighly more to your liking?

Last edited by conor; Apr 21, 2016 at 9:14 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2009, 3:36 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
bahadir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Izmir, Turkey
Posts: 6,263
Default

Good application! I find the punchier version more appealing so : ) Don't you find?
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2009, 9:19 AM   #6
conor
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahadir View Post
Good application! I find the punchier version more appealing so : ) Don't you find?
I definitely agree.

I've discovered something as of late: It's hard enough to learn how to use the post processing tools (PhotoShop, and other editors), but you have to learn when to use them as well. I often don't think of certain edits - even though with my limited skill I have the ability to make them, I don't think of making them...
  Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2009, 11:29 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
hercules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sparta, Greece
Posts: 2,649
Default

Very nice, i really like the picture of the bridge watch out for those trains though.
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2009, 11:36 AM   #8
conor
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hercules View Post
Very nice, i really like the picture of the bridge watch out for those trains though.
Thanks - and I will, hold the railing tight when they go by, you're only about 8 feet from the side of a big steel monster doing 60km/h
  Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:52 PM.